Another WGR Rant

theesir

I am DESPERATE for real sports talk. Listening to WGR in the morning has become painful. Since LAST MONDAY(!!!!!) all they have been having is this same argument:

Kevin: Bledsoe's our best shot at winning

Puff: Put in Matthews

Kevin: You're nuts Puff

PuFF: Put in Mathews.

Now to our special guest from ESPN Sean Salsbury: Should we bench Bledsoe and start Shane Matthews?

Sean Salsbury: :devil:

Thats it!!! Thats all they have been saying. Every time I turn on the radio as I'm getting dressed, driving to work, whatever, the same agrument for over a week!!!!

There were what, 10 footabll games yesterday, a great quarterback shootout, a game in a hurricane, Jamal Lewis almost running for 200 again, did I hear ANY of this talked about....NO!!!!!! Just

If the people from that station actually do read this board, YOUR MORNING SHOW SUCKS!!!!!!!

i'm with you there, those retards suck, i've only heard them a few times because i don't live in buffalo...but when we go up to visit or are in town for the games i check them out....they blow.....i actually had to turn them off not to long ago because they were giving me a headache....it's sad when you want the coach back because he makes more sense than these slapnuts

It goes beyond not knowing waht they are talking about. THEY DON"T TALK ABOUT ANYTHING!!!! Do these guys have compromising pictures of the radio station GM? How do they keep their jobs with such a TERRIBLE show. I actually hear Schoop and Bulldog rip on the morning show on the air.

Thats it!!! Thats all they have been saying. Every time I turn on the radio as I'm getting dressed, driving to work, whatever, the same agrument for over a week!!!!

46551[/snapback]

And that differs from this board in what manner - seriously. The same oversimplified arguments are re-hashed over and over:

1) Bledsoe Sucks/He has not been that bad

2) OL sucks

3) MW is a bust

Really, what is the difference? When people try to post serious analysis - it always reverts back to one of the above arguments.

And that differs from this board in what manner - seriously. The same oversimplified arguments are re-hashed over and over:

1) Bledsoe Sucks/He has not been that bad

2) OL sucks

3) MW is a bust

Really, what is the difference? When people try to post serious analysis - it always reverts back to one of the above arguments.

46583[/snapback]

While this may be true for the most part, on game day, I see people discussing other games, the players in those games, hell even baseball. WGR in the morning for the past week has been ONE topic, all the time!

While this may be true for the most part, on game day, I see people discussing other games, the players in those games, hell even baseball. WGR in the morning for the past week has been ONE topic, all the time!

46589[/snapback]

I have to laugh at this. I am not laughing at you, but yoru post brings to mind the countless complaints that WGR does not talk about the Bills enough! When the afternoon crew talks about baseball and the interesting wildcard races, I can be sure to come back here to see "who cares" topics.

Now, they are talking about the Bills ad naseum and the opposite complaint is raised that the rest of the sports world is being ignored. This ebing said, I hate the morning show but like teh rest of WGR. I can not STAND Puff - I hated him when he was on 97 ROck for the Bills broadcast and I hate him now. They couple him with Gaughn who I hate. Sylvester is the only saving grace to the morning show.

The afternoon show with shope and Bulldog is good, and I really like Jeremy White and Brad Riter. They make some very astute points and are overlooked (while talking about the food they could eat every day for a week without throwing up).

I am glad someone else gets a headache listening to the station. I would much rather hear the ESPN Radio shows than what they offer, especially in the morning. I would love to hear Mike and Mike on the way to work. Being a football fan I want to hear about other teams and such.

I have to laugh at this. I am not laughing at you, but yoru post brings to mind the countless complaints that WGR does not talk about the Bills enough! When the afternoon crew talks about baseball and the interesting wildcard races, I can be sure to come back here to see "who cares" topics.

Now, they are talking about the Bills ad naseum and the opposite complaint is raised that the rest of the sports world is being ignored. This ebing said, I hate the morning show but like teh rest of WGR. I can not STAND Puff - I hated him when he was on 97 ROck for the Bills broadcast and I hate him now. They couple him with Gaughn who I hate. Sylvester is the only saving grace to the morning show.

The afternoon show with shope and Bulldog is good, and I really like Jeremy White and Brad Riter. They make some very astute points and are overlooked (while talking about the food they could eat every day for a week without throwing up).

46609[/snapback]

I too enjoy the other shows on the station. But again my complaint is not them ONLY talking about the Bills, They aren't! All they are talking... Arguing about is benching Bledsoe and Playing Matthews in the morning. Hell, there was a bye week and they picked up today right where they left off Friday as if the Bills had played and lost again.

I am DESPERATE for real sports talk. Listening to WGR in the morning has become painful. Since LAST MONDAY(!!!!!) all they have been having the same argument:

Now to our special guest from ESPN Sean Salsbury: Should we bench Bledsoe and start Shane Matthews?

Sean Salsbury: :devil:

There were what, 10 footabll games yesterday, a great quarterback shootout, a game in a hurricane, Jamal Lewis almost running for 200 again, did I hear ANY of this talked about....NO!!!!!! Just

If the people from that station actually do read this board, YOUR MORNING SHOW SUCKS!!!!!!!

The Morning show will be at Hammer's Lot 4170 Abbott Raod, Next to drive 2 Sunday. Why don't you come over around 9:45am and talk to them in person.

LIstening to the afternoon show further solidifies my arguement about the pathetic morning show. In one hour I've heard a discussion of the whole league, How good are the Bills in comparison to how well their competion has played etc.

The morning show at WGR is like Freshman football compared to Varisty, yet pathetically they still play them on the air. :)

Man bring back Art Wander. Was that his name? He was so bad he was actually very entertaining. I used to enjoy him when I lived in the area. A little unique charachter. Definitely not your cookie cutter espn radio type clone taking head.

Man bring back Art Wander. Was that his name? He was so bad he was actually very entertaining. I used to enjoy him when I lived in the area. A little unique charachter. Definitely not your cookie cutter espn radio  type clone taking head.

47477[/snapback]

Yup that is his name he has a commercial he does for empire what a laugh looks like that infomercial guy that wants to point u to all that government cash out there.

We need Howard!!!!!!!!!!

I try to listen to The Dope and the Poodle on the drive, but man is it hard. They have no clue and no new topics. And then there is the reporter affectionately known as Sully (aka John Goodman in Monsters, Inc.) Once in awhile you would think the guy could find someting good to talk about, but almost every article and discussion is negative. And to top that off he thinks he represents the "fans". Yo Sully....In no way shape or form do you represent me the "fan". You don't even come close.

I agree with Slothrop. The morning show is unlistenable. Silvester used to be OK before he moved to Charlotte. I'm not really sure how he is now because I can't listen to more then 5 minutes of that show, and it seems like the other two drag him down..........Schoop and Bulldog are pretty good.............And, Brad and Jeremy are the best. Too bad they don't get much airtime. They are knowledgable and very funny!!