So what is the new strategy?

jahnyc

I liked that the Bills were aggressive the first few days of free agency. I also thought that signing Triplett and trying to sign Pickett made a lot of sense (i.e., trying to fill one of the major holes through free agency).

But Pinkett signed with Green Bay, and with all of the players released (Adams, Milloy, Williams, Campbell and maybe Moulds) or not re-signed (Teague, Denny, Reed), the Bills need starters and depth. This situation cannot be remedied with the draft alone and I don't see players on the current roster who can step in (other than possibly Preston).

So what will be the strategy going forward? The Bills have spending money, but many of the top free agents have been signed, particularly on the oline, dt and safety, all areas of need. I think, at a minimum, the Bills need to sign at least one offensive lineman and a safety who will be starters. If not and with the quarterback situation, I don't think the Bills will be competitive this season.

Shhh... don;t disturb the guys at Rich Stadium.  Right now Dick, Marv, and Ralph are doing a chinese fire drill around the stadium.

631364[/snapback]

C'mon, dude. That's not fair...we all know they're napping. :lol:

Now that name is a blast from the past. I will check your link.....think he played around 88-91???

He was before the Gary Brown - Lorenzo White days.

:lol:

I just have a good memory of those old NBC starting lineups they used to put up on the screen at the beginning of games.

I barely remember Allen Pinkett. He is along the lines of Mark Higgs, Albert Bentley and John Stephens.

0:)

Well, considering the Pro Bowl players on the roster there's only one strategy to embrace at this point: punt!

:lol:

Less than a week into free agency and we're already....I can't say it...then again, we were hours into it.... 0:) We should sign a bunch of old players for too much money like Cleveland...