Here's my take on the FA QB moves cause changes

marck

With the new developments at QB in the league, here is my take on how it affects the top end of the draft.

Houston - Reggie Bush -RB

New Orleans - A.J. Hawk - LB (Would prefer to trade down however)

Tennessee - Matt Leinhart - QB

NY Jets - Jay Cutler

Green Bay - Mario Williams

San Francisco - Michael Huff

Oakland - Vince Young

Buffalo - Debrickashaw Ferguson

This is how I see the top of the draft board shaping up. Could see New Orleans and the Jets swapping picks and if that happens, the Jets would take Leinhart, the Titans would take Jay Cutler and the Saints taking A.J. Hawk.

This leaves Ferguson, Ngata and Vernon Davis at 8 for the Bills.

The rest of the draft looks pretty accurate though, it IS possible that D'Brickashaw could slip, although methinks the Jets arent going to take a QB now that they have Ramsey. I know, I know...Ramsey isnt exactly a stud but him and Pennington can at least duke it out in training camp, no need to clutter up that situation further by adding ANOTHER QB to the mix.

I think the Jets take D'Brickashaw, leaving us with the options of Ngata or Davis. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Huff, but the Niners might steal him.

The rest of the draft looks pretty accurate though, it IS possible that D'Brickashaw could slip, although methinks the Jets arent going to take a QB now that they have Ramsey.  I know, I know...Ramsey isnt exactly a stud but him and Pennington can at least duke it out in training camp, no need to clutter up that situation further by adding ANOTHER QB to the mix.

I think the Jets take D'Brickashaw, leaving us with the options of Ngata or Davis.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for Huff, but the Niners might steal him.

629144[/snapback]

Malta, that Ramsey trade was a bunch of BS. It got removed.

I think the Saints are going to be all over Mario Williams.

629134[/snapback]

I don't because even though the Saints just lost Darren Howard they could afford to lose him because they had former number one Will Smith sitting the bench behind Howard. Now that Howard is gone, Smith is a starter opposite Charles Grant. I don't see the Saints sinking that kind of money into another DE and I don't see them taking Hawk at #2 because thats too high for a him. I can see the Saints either taking OT Ferguson because they have a need at OT or move down.

Just my 2.5 cents. :P

I see either the Saints or 49ers taking D'Brick before he gets to us...Hawk would go before Huff...would we take Huff or trade back to try for ot/dt in 14/15 range and another first day pick

niners would be RETARDED to pass on da brick. You draft a supposed franchise QB last season and he gets pummled with no protection - there's no WAY they can afford to pass on a franchise LT if he drops there.

629212[/snapback]

They have a franchise LT...his name is Jonas Jennings!

:doh:

OK, got to update again now that the Saints are looking to trade out of the #2 slot. Who else needs a QB? The Raiders -- they can get one of the top three signal callers at #7.

629231[/snapback]

The Ravens and Vikings still need a QB...as do the Cards (Kurt Warner is good for one more season, maybe two...and I use the term "good" VERY loosely, more like he'll only survive one or two more seasons.)