Nate Clements

1) When does the 120% rule kick in? Is this only for players who have already spent a full season as a UFA?

2) Have I missed any reports of any possible efforts/negotiations to lock him up?

3) Last season, I thought that he would be traded before the draft (wrong again :( ). Do you people think that the odds of such a trade this season are better or worse?

Personally, I would rather that the Bills keep him long term, but stop using him on punts. Too dangerous, ya know?

1) When does the 120% rule kick in? Is this only for players who have already spent a full season as a UFA?

2) Have I missed any reports of any possible efforts/negotiations to lock him up?

3) Last season, I thought that he would be traded before the draft (wrong again  :( ). Do you people think that the odds of such a trade this season are better or worse?

Personally, I would rather that the Bills keep him long term, but stop using on punts. Too dangerous, ya know?

626620[/snapback]

1) 120% rule would apply next year (i.e. if he was tagged again next year he would make earn either the franchise value for '07 or 120% of his previous year's salary - whichever is higher)

2) i haven't heard a peep

3) i think he stays put

1) 120% rule would apply next year (i.e. if he was tagged again next year he would make earn either the franchise value for '07 or 120% of his previous year's salary - whichever is higher)

2) i haven't heard a peep

3) i think he stays put

626632[/snapback]

Thanks. This means that his salary would be in the neighborhood of 8.5 million in 07 if he is tagged again.

While it might be just a little early to fret over this, I am not comfortable with those numbers.

I think we'll see Roscoe returning punts a lot more this year (as long as he holds on to the ball!!). I know it might be asking too much and it's a little different than returning kickoffs, but I would love to see Mcgee return punts. The more times we get the ball in his hands the better. Although I don't want him getting hurt either!

3) Last season, I thought that he would be traded before the draft (wrong again  :) ). Do you people think that the odds of such a trade this season are better or worse?

Personally, I would rather that the Bills keep him long term, but stop using him on punts. Too dangerous, ya know?

626620[/snapback]

1) No need to elaborate on other posters

2) Probably no need to right now. We are in the middle of FA, have a ton of cap room, and need to devote resources to finding and obtaining good talent in the draft. When we get time and/or need money, then its time to talk with NC. Keep in mind, NC's agent is probably in the same boat.

3) Since he didnt get traded last year. I would have to say the likelyhood of him being traded this year are signifigantly better :D