Andre Davis vs. Antwaan Randle EL

Two WRs available this year in FA. One was hurt half of this past season.

Antwaan Randle El

Games Played-64

Rec-162

Yards-2012

TDs-7

Avg-12.4

Andre Davis

Games Played-48

REC-102

Yards-1602

TDs-14

Avg-15.7

625702[/snapback]

Good comparison, I like Randell El for his intangibles but IMHO he's not going to be worth the contract someone is going to pony up and give him. I like the Davis signing a lot (kind of a homer though, being a Hokie fan). Good post.

Good comparison, I like Randell El for his intangibles but IMHO he's not going to be worth the contract someone is going to pony up and give him.  I like the Davis signing a lot (kind of a homer though, being a Hokie fan).  Good post.

625706[/snapback]

Randle el's 2 playoff touchdown TD passes prolly earned him about 10 million dollars in his new contract.

I don't see all the randle el hype either. He's a solid, fast receiver, but doesn't seem to be the elite player that people are making him out to be. His TD pass in the Super Bowl is all people talk about when they discuss how great he is. So he threw a nice ball, so what...he still isn't an elite WR.

Two WRs available this year in FA. One was hurt half of this past season.

Antwaan Randle El

Games Played-64

Rec-162

Yards-2012

TDs-7

Avg-12.4

Andre Davis

Games Played-48

REC-102

Yards-1602

TDs-14

Avg-15.7

625702[/snapback]

Good post. Puts a new perspective on it.

I don't see all the randle el hype either.  He's a solid, fast receiver, but doesn't seem to be the elite player that people are making him out to be.  His TD pass in the Super Bowl is all people talk about when they discuss how great he is.  So he threw a nice ball, so what...he still isn't an elite WR.

625804[/snapback]

I think his versatility in being able to throw, run reverses/end arounds and return kicks, as well as his ability to see the whole field as a former college QB increases his value substantially beyond what his pure receiving stats will tell you.