warning.....Nick Saban post.

DCM

So Nick and the Fins GM (Randy Mueller) know Drew Brees is heading to New Orleans on Saturday to meet with the Saints, who are allegedly the new frontrunners for his future services.

The Fins are scheduled to meet with Drew after the Saints on Sunday....what does Nick do?

the answer

With Brees, it's caveat emptor. He had a weak arm BEFORE his injury, which hasn't healed yet and reports are that it's worse than previously thought, and it won't be any stronger. Moreover the Dols don't currently have a LT and the only prospect left is LJ Shelton, who will want big bucks and probably get lazy (again) after getting them.

With Brees, it's caveat emptor.  He had a weak arm BEFORE his injury, which hasn't healed yet and reports are that it's worse than previously thought, and it won't be any stronger.  Moreover the Dols don't currently have a LT and the only prospect left is LJ Shelton, who will want big bucks and probably get lazy (again) after getting them.

624490[/snapback]

Check out my free agency question thread......you hit it right on the head!

The Fins have no LT and if they sign the best one available, he'll want big bucks and he's lazy! Priceless!

So Nick and the Fins GM (Randy Mueller) know Drew Brees is heading to New Orleans on Saturday to meet with the Saints, who are allegedly the new frontrunners for his future services.

The Fins are scheduled to meet with Drew after the Saints on Sunday....what does Nick do?

the answer

624487[/snapback]

Great Move by Saban. Gotta love what your coach is doing. Dolphins in 2005 were pretty much the same team the Bills were in 2004. Dolphins got hot and ended the year strong. Bills did pretty much the same. The Bills in 2004 stayed put, and even got rid of two good players. The Dolphins are taking that momentum, adding to it, and they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. I don't give a damn who ya'll have at LT, you gotta love your aggressiveness. I'm scared to death that we'll never be able to get over the hump as long as Belicheck and Saban are in our division.............and our answer to that is fuggin Dick Jauron. God, I hope Marv knows what he is doing. Git er done Marv!

Saban is like a newer Mike Shanahan. You guys are lucky to have him.

Ugh!

I'll do that.

The Fins have no LT and if they sign the best one available, he'll want big bucks and he's lazy!  Priceless!

Shaffer was the best option at LT, but the Browns scooped him up quick. And with Shelton it's also caveat emptor, although in his case, he's already proven that when he's paid well, he doesn't play well.

The Fins have no LT and if they sign the best one available, he'll want big bucks and he's lazy!  Priceless!

624496[/snapback]

Maybe the Dolphins are planning on using an early draft pick on a LT.

Looks like Drew wasn't too persuaded by NS: :lol:

Saints | Brees in town; negotiations heating up

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:26:43 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli report free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers) is visiting with the New Orleans Saints and negotiations to land the free agent are heating up.