I think the cash argument is a crock

No one has the money or the stupidity to sign more than two big name free agents in any off season. 10 million signing bonus is huge. Even if you gave two players 15 million signing bonus in the same year, which is pretty much unheardof, that's 30 million in cash you would have to spend. I am not sure the increments of when the TV revenue is paid, but the players dont start getting paid until the games in September. The season ticket money is paid before the season, as well as a whole lotta tickets. I guarantee the Bills take in 50 million dollars easy before the first game. So there is plenty of money to throw around like Daniel Snyder for any team in the league. Unless I am missing something, and I tend to doubt it on this one, no matter what Ralph or small market teams say, they can toss around as much cash as the big boys and it doesnt hurt them one whit.

No one has the money or the stupidity to sign more than two big name free agents in any off season. 10 million signing bonus is huge. Even if you gave two players 15 million signing bonus in the same year, which is pretty much unheardof, that's 30 million in cash you would have to spend. I am not sure the increments of when the TV revenue is paid, but the players dont start getting paid until the games in September. The season ticket money is paid before the season, as well as a whole lotta tickets. I guarantee the Bills take in 50 million dollars easy before the first game. So there is plenty of money to throw around like Daniel Snyder for any team in the league. Unless I am missing something, and I tend to doubt it on this one, no matter what Ralph or small market teams say, they can toss around as much cash as the big boys and it doesnt hurt them one whit.

624118[/snapback]

I would agree with this reasoning, but this might be a tough sell to some of the board accountants.

624118[/snapback]

exactamundo, dog. i look at the profit rate of teams like the bills and factor in that it never changes over time for the worse and then say to myself, how the hell can they be bitching?