Ralph "mocked" on Mike & Mike!!

Cowherd is killing Ralphie and the Bills because they deserve it.  What difference does it make?  Ralphie's still in bed watching Matlock at this hour.

622275[/snapback]

I mean, why should Ralph get up anyway? That's what the bedpan is for. Besides, he won't risk breaking his hip that way.

I mean, why should Ralph get up anyway? That's what the bedpan is for. Besides, he won't risk breaking his hip that way.

622905[/snapback]

Ralph now getting mocked on Profootballtalk.com's photo of the day:

ttp://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Ralph now getting mocked on Profootballtalk.com's photo of the day:

ttp://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

622966[/snapback]

He got mocked pretty good on "Around the Horn" also.

Something like the Bills fans should be worried with RW in charge. Bills fans can only hope RW was just kidding when he said he was going to be more "hands on" in the direction of the team.

I believe owners should own and managers should manage and coaches should coach. When owners want to do all three: bad things happen.

He's getting crushed right now by colin cowherd - a long, long take bashing ralph and making fun of the bills in general for their elderly leadership...

right on the eve of free agency.

that'll help us attract talent, for sure.

a few people here are actually applauding ralph for this or that or whatever. the truth is, to say it was too complex is a joke. to side with mike brown and mike brown only shows how with it Ralph is. Sadly, Ralph has become a laughingstock, and his "increased involvement" with the operations will probably assure that we'll be in punchlines instead of playoff games.

Weeeeee!

622180[/snapback]

Ridiculous. What two sports reporters think about the organization will have absolutely no impact on attracting free agents to the team. None. What attracts players to a team is money and the perks of the deal. And, what Ralph said is what every other owner in the room was thinking, because the deal is very complex. It will take capologists, general managers and owners weeks to figure out how it's actually going to apply to the real world. The difference between Ralph and the other owners is that he doesn't give a rat's rear-end what ESPN or anyone thinks about it. He says what's on his mind. Sure, he's 87. I'd be willing to bet that no one on this board will even be able to walk without help after living that long. Professional sports reporters look for "quotable" people in their field, and Ralph is very quotable, because he's got nothing to hide. What's wrong with that? We're a laughingstock from what perspective? ESPN's ?

I didn't think it was possible to be this indifferent but here we are.

Around the Horn?  Does anyone watch that show?

623130[/snapback]

I didn't even know it was still on! While I do listen to ESPN radio from time to time, I watch very little of ESPN television. When I do, it is ESPN News....

I agree with you, but, like I was saying during the whole Marv as GM, or is Marv the HC debacle, for whatever reason (maybe it is the age thing) the Bills are unwittingly making themselves look like a bumbling franchise.  Whether it is true or not, is irrelevent.  Perception counts for a lot...

622314[/snapback]

Actually perception counts for absolutely nothing. If some 20-somethings choose to mock Ralph as an old fool - knock yerself out. Buffalo has got to be the only place in the country and maybe the world, where people actually worry about what the "perception" is about the place. Personally I think the place is a dump. But I sure as heck don't care one whit what someone in LA thinks about it.

Do you think the French care what you and I think about Paris?

I don't define myself by how the Bills do, what the city I happen to live in looks like, or by the weather of the moment. Much less by what someone thinks of those things.

I'd still take Ralph over some of the supposed In the Know owners. Ralph is a football man that just happens to be 87 years old and still makes more money a year than most of us will ever hope to see. I think Mike and Mike( as well as many other pinheads out there ) need to print a copy of this Ralph bashing crap and send it to themselves in an envelope to be opened on their 87th B'day. My bet is neither of them will be around without drooling out of the side of their mouth , and getting their depends changed 2 or three times a day. Very simply it is his team and he expressed an opinion but everyone sides with Dannie boy Snyder because he has all the scratch but couldn't hold a candle to Ralph in football knowledge. Read Ralph's statements about the contract now and they are very lucid. Maybe he doesn't express himself very well these days but he still now's scat when he smells it.

It takes a big man to mock some 87yr old gentleman about his age. Ralph has forgotten more that either of these two bozos could ever hope to know. It really is shameful. I believe that people tend to get what is coming to them. You treat people cruelly, and someday you'll be at the other end of the joke. What goes around tends to come around.

In case you missed it, from this morning's BuffNews article:

Asked why the other small-market teams, such as Jacksonville, Oakland and Kansas City, voted in favor of the plan, Wilson said:

"I got a sense in the room that these fellows were just afraid of any work stoppage. They were afraid of the union. They were going to accept anything. The union should have asked for a heckuva lot more. They're happy with what they got, I'm sure."

Wilson said the NFL's general managers got a dose of the tough terms of the deal from a league perspective on a conference call Thursday morning.

"The general managers of each club had a conference call this morning with the staff of the league," he said. "And when it was through, one of the general managers asked, "Did we get anything out of this [meaning the league, as opposed to the players]? And the reply from the league staff member was, "If you've got a blank piece of paper in front of you, that's what you got.' "

After review, Wilson stands by 'no' vote

Guess Ralph's not the senile old fool they were making him out to be, after all. And I intend to let each of those talking heads know that, so thanks for the target list in this thread.