Who should the Bills pick up at #2 WR after Moulds

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the name you are looking for is Anquan Boldin.....

;-)

621784[/snapback]

Kind of changing history there though. Boldin was taken

Where as the sure bets Rogers and Johnson went #2 and #3 overall. Plus Bryant Johnson, Taylor Jacobs, and Bethal Johnson all went before him.

So to honestly expect a rookie to come in and be a #1 is fantasy world thinking.

Kind of changing history there though.  Boldin was taken

Where as the sure bets Rogers and Johnson went #2 and #3 overall.  Plus Bryant Johnson, Taylor Jacobs, and Bethal Johnson all went before him.  

So to honestly expect a rookie to come in and be a #1 is fantasy world thinking.

621788[/snapback]

Part of the reason Boldin had that great rookie year was the Cardinals lost their top 3 WRs from the previous year (Rob Moore, Frank Sanders and MarTay Jenkins. Asking a rookie WR to be a #1 is unrealistic, look no further than last season when Braylon Edwards, who by most experts was the best player in the draft and far better than anyone in this draft class was taken 3rd overall. He wasn't Cleveland's #1 WR and only had 32 receptions in 10 games played.

Exactly, look no further than last season when Braylon Edwards, who by most experts was the best player in the draft and far better than anyone in this draft class was taken 3rd overall. He wasn't Cleveland's #1 WR and only had 32 receptions in 10 games played.

622071[/snapback]

My point is, and I lost track of what you are trying to say, but to think we can get rid of Moulds, draft another WR or Davis at TE, and expect them to be a true number 1 is rediculous. To think that Peerless Price version 2 (lee Evans) who has never had mor ethen 50 catches can all of a sudden do it with noone to take the double teams and best corner off him, is sadly mistaken.

My point is, and I lost track of what you are trying to say, but to think we can get rid of Moulds, draft another WR or Davis at TE, and expect them to be a true number 1 is rediculous.  To think that Peerless Price version 2 (lee  Evans) who has never had mor ethen 50 catches can all of a sudden do it with noone to take the double teams and best corner off him, is sadly mistaken.

622073[/snapback]

I edited my post to show I was embracing your point. However, I think you're underestimating Lee Evans. As stated earlier in this thread Evans is a very good #2 WR and an arguement can be made he could be a #1 but to me he's a Terry Glenn type. In that his best role is as a #2 or #1A or whatever you want to call it is he is at his best when has a compliment to him see when he had Coates with him in NE and Keyshawn in Dallas.

I edited my post to show I was embracing your point. However, I think you're underestimating Lee Evans. As stated earlier in this thread Evans is a very good #2 WR and an arguement can be made he could be a #1 but to me he's a Terry Glenn type. In that his best role is as a #2 or #1A or whatever you want to call it is he is at his best when has a compliment to him see when he had Coates with him in NE and Keyshawn in Dallas.

622075[/snapback]

Exactly. He cannot be the prime guy. He needs someone else to take pressure off, another legit threat. That is my point to expect anyone to come in a be a true legit threat as a rookie, is about a 10% shot at best.

Part of the reason Boldin had that great rookie year was the Cardinals lost their top 3 WRs from the previous year (Rob Moore, Frank Sanders and MarTay Jenkins. Asking a rookie WR to be a #1 is unrealistic, look no further than last season when Braylon Edwards, who by most experts was the best player in the draft and far better than anyone in this draft class was taken 3rd overall. He wasn't Cleveland's #1 WR and only had 32 receptions in 10 games played.

622071[/snapback]

Well, I disagree with the whole concept that there is any such thing as a "#1 WR" - but Braylon Edwards was Clevelands *best* WR when he played. Indeed, the play of Braylon Edwards is a major reason why Cleveland is letting Antonio Bryant walk in free agency.

JDG

Well, I disagree with the whole concept that there is any such thing as a "#1 WR" - but Braylon Edwards was Clevelands *best* WR when he played.  Indeed, the play of Braylon Edwards is a major reason why Cleveland is letting Antonio Bryant walk in free agency.

JDG

622105[/snapback]

Yet at the same time there's talk that the Browns are going to try and sign David Givens.

With Moulds likely to be released by the Bills, I had to start this thread again.  So who will the Bills choose at #2 WR.  I think now it will be Davis playing #2 WR.  And Parrish playing the slot (#3 WR).

628150[/snapback]

Moulds is likely to be released? When? Got a link?

(All I can find is this...

General manager Marv Levy, however, said the team's position with Moulds hasn't changed and he still expected dialogue to occur.

"Our intention remains to keep Eric as a part of our team," Levy said.)