Sportscenter reporting talks broke down again

Ramius

As of 6:30 Pm, Tags was returning his office, and upshaw was leaving, and there was no new deal. Upshaw claimed that the owners lowered their proposal. Teams must still be cap compliant by 10pm tonite, and free agency is still supposed to start at 12:01 am tonight.

Bloody sunday may be occurring within the next couple of hours.

This is fuggin crazy. JUST GET THIS SH*T DONE!!!!!! Good for 2006 but terrible for every year after. If there is no capp in 2007 why would the players ever agree to reinstating it in a later year. The fact that there might not be any football in 2008 makes me sick. Thanks a lot to all the !@#$s who might of just ruined the NFL.

This is fuggin crazy.  JUST GET THIS SH*T DONE!!!!!!  Good for 2006 but terrible for every year after.  If there is no capp in 2007 why would the players ever agree to reinstating it in a later year.  The fact that there might not be any football in 2008 makes me sick.  Thanks a lot to all the !@#$s who might of just ruined the NFL.

618642[/snapback]

On ESPNews today they talked about Upshaw stating earlier in the day that a salary cap would be in the plans for any future CBA negotiations.

So yeah...screwed for next year, but I have no doubt the cap will be returning...whenever they pull their heads out of their butts.

I'm actually happy this didn't get done right now. The Bills are in good shape to improve themselves this off-season as it stands, and if every team had $10M+ in cap room, it would only hurt the Bills.

And a deal will get done eventually, WITH a cap. And 2007 won't be so bad. Players will need 6 years to be UFA's, there's the 30% salary increase rule, and there's no minimum teams need to spend, so if need be, I'd be willing to let Ralph sign no one, pocket some change, and reload for the future.

On ESPNews today they talked about Upshaw stating earlier in the day that a salary cap would be in the plans for any future CBA negotiations.

So yeah...screwed for next year, but I have no doubt the cap will be returning...whenever they pull their heads out of their butts.

618644[/snapback]

The cap will return, after the players take a severe asskicking in the next year and a half.

The cap will return, after the players take a severe asskicking in the next year and a half.

618648[/snapback]

Yep. Claims that the owners are completely powerless are a wee bit premature I'd bet.

And what's up with the asinine suggestion that it's "OK" if some NFL teams are required to operate on a deficit spending plan and are propped up by the large market teams? :huh:

Pretty much. That great "uncapped year" in 2007 won't look so great when all those players realize they're not free, but restricted FA's, and when the unrestricted ones can't make more than 30% of their salary in 2006.

Maybe the NFL owners should tell the players that there will be a lockout in 2008 if they don't accept their terms, and that 2007 will be a lesson to them. There's no minimum that needs to be spent that year, unlike all the other years where 54% of DGR's had to be spend.

As of 6:30 Pm, Tags was returning his office, and upshaw was leaving, and there was no new deal. Upshaw claimed that the owners lowered their proposal. Teams must still be cap compliant by 10pm tonite, and free agency is still supposed to start at 12:01 am tonight.

Bloody sunday may be occurring within the next couple of hours.

618639[/snapback]

It's over I think. No more deals will be done for tonight it seems and today was the final day for an agreement. The NFL is going downhill, fast. :huh: