I'm tired...

buckeyemike

Some of you are giving the Bills slim-to-none-and-Slim-just-left-town chance of the Bills winning next week.

May I remind the naysayers that this is the National Football League. Whose slogan should be "Where Parity Rules".

The Bills can beat the Patriots next week. Before the Drew Bashers and Chicken Littles and "The Bills are Leaving!" whiners respond, hear me out.

I seem to remember a game in 1984. When the Bills were 0-11 and the Cowboys came to Rich Stadium for, I believe, the first time. The Cowboys, although they hadn't been to the Super Bowl for five years, were still a playoff contender and "America's Team". There were 74,000 people in the stands that day, and most were Dallas fans, hoping for an easy romp over the hapless Bills. Many in the media were wondering out loud if the Bills would go 0-16.

Greg Bell ran for 206 yards that day, including a 72 yard TD run on the first play from scrimmage, and the Bills won, 14-3. It was probably the biggest regular season win in Bills history and most likely, the biggest upset in the NFL in the 1980's. That game was televised in the Cleveland area and I remember seeing the joy in the reaction of the Bills' fans that day.

Good things are going to come. We just need to be patient.

Has this team turned the corner? Not yet. But I can see the stop sign from here.

Mike

Some of you are giving the Bills slim-to-none-and-Slim-just-left-town chance of the Bills winning next week.

May I remind the naysayers that this is the National Football League.  Whose slogan should be "Where Parity Rules".

The Bills can beat the Patriots next week.  Before the Drew Bashers and Chicken Littles and "The Bills are Leaving!" whiners respond, hear me out.

I seem to remember a game in 1984.  When the Bills were 0-11 and the Cowboys came to Rich Stadium for, I believe, the first time.  The Cowboys, although they hadn't been to the Super Bowl for five years, were still a playoff contender and "America's Team".  There were 74,000 people in the stands that day, and most were Dallas fans, hoping for an easy romp over the hapless Bills.  Many in the media were wondering out loud if the Bills would go 0-16.

Greg Bell ran for 206 yards that day, including a 72 yard TD run on the first play from scrimmage, and the Bills won, 14-3.  It was probably the biggest regular season win in Bills history and most likely, the biggest upset in the NFL in the 1980's.  That game was televised in the Cleveland area and I remember seeing the joy in the reaction of the Bills' fans that day.

Good things are going to come.  We just need to be patient. 

Has this team turned the corner?  Not yet.  But I can see the stop sign from here.

Mike

45284[/snapback]

Ummmmmmmm, ok. That was a cool win, and I remember it well. Biggest win in Bills regular season history??? Dream on!

I'm definately down with you on this one man, you're now officially the only cool OSU fan i know.

45312[/snapback]

Gee thanks...I think. <_<

I saw unbridled joy on the faces of Bills fans that day, which I have only seen one other time.

The 1990 AFC Championship Game...the 51-3 rout.

Mike

Ummmmmmmm, ok.  That was a cool win, and I remember it well.  Biggest win in Bills regular season history???  Dream on!

45314[/snapback]

What win is bigger than that one? It saved a likely 0-16 season, which would be the only one to date in NFL history.

Maybe the 1988 OT win where the Bills clinched the AFC East in Week 12 and the crowd rushed the field. I can't remember who they played.

The last game in 1973, where OJ broke 2000 yards?

Mike

What win is bigger than that one?  It saved a likely 0-16 season, which would be the only one to date in NFL history.

Maybe the 1988 OT win where the Bills clinched the AFC East in Week 12 and the crowd rushed the field.  I can't remember who they played.

The last game in 1973, where OJ broke 2000 yards?

Mike

45319[/snapback]

Ummm, yeah, that win was against the Jets. All of those wins that gave us homefield ad in tha playoffs. The MNF win against Denver and many other games when we were good are much bigger than a win we had over Dallas that was a fluke!

A fluke, but a great win indeed. There were more Cowboys fans there than Bills fans!

When fans start talking about games from the 1980's or the "Glory days" instead of this season's games, then the team is in trouble.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the negativity when your team is 0 - 2. When you are 0 - 2, YOU SUCK. Period.

That doesn't mean it can't be turned around. I hope to god it does, but I haven't seen anything in the last 2 games that I haven't seen for the last 2 years. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, blah blah blah.

I'm not ready to cash in the season yet, but I'm not going to have the Drew colored glasses on and say "We're going to spank the Patriots next week!" when there is nothing so far to indicate that this team has the guts to do it.

I hope this team shows up and plays to its "potential". But, we've been hearing "potential" for 2 years. I'll be rooting for the Bills but I'm done spouting the eternal optimistic crap. I'm in a show me mood. Show me something and then I'll start thinking optimistically again.

RunTheBall

Ummm, yeah, that win was against the Jets.  All of those wins that gave us homefield ad in tha playoffs.  The MNF win against Denver and many other games when we were good are much bigger than a win we had over Dallas that was a fluke!

A fluke, but a great win indeed.  There were more Cowboys fans there than Bills fans!

45329[/snapback]

Another one was the Bills' first home Sunday night game in 1990. It was a warm October night, and 79,000+ were at Rich. Lofton caught a long touchdown pass and the crowd went absolutely bonkers...Fandemonium, as Van Miller always said.

Mike

When fans start talking about games from the 1980's or the "Glory days" instead of this season's games, then the team is in trouble.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the negativity when your team is 0 - 2. When you are 0 - 2, YOU SUCK. Period.

That doesn't mean it can't be turned around. I hope to god it does, but I haven't seen anything in the last 2 games that I haven't seen for the last 2 years. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, blah blah blah.

I'm not ready to cash in the season yet, but I'm not going to have the Drew colored glasses on and say "We're going to spank the Patriots next week!" when there is nothing so far to indicate that this team has the guts to do it.

I hope this team shows up and plays to its "potential". But, we've been hearing "potential" for 2 years. I'll be rooting for the Bills but I'm done spouting the eternal optimistic crap. I'm in a show me mood. Show me something and then I'll start thinking optimistically again.

RunTheBall

45331[/snapback]

I'd like to see you go up to Takeo and say all that.

Since he's on defense, Takeo might agree with you somewhat. Before he beats you senseless. <_<

Mike

Gee thanks...I think.   <_<

I saw unbridled joy on the faces of Bills fans that day, which I have only seen one other time. 

The 1990 AFC Championship Game...the 51-3 rout.

Mike

45315[/snapback]

Nanker taps buckeyemike on the shoulder and says,

"THAT was the highwater mark of this franchise.

It's never been better since that 51-3 game." :)