Titans' SS Tank Williams scheduled to become a UFA

It's not 100% sure yet but he doesn't appear close to re-signing with the Titans. His agent thinks that Williams is more likely to head into free agency. As far as a youth movement this would be a step in the right direction. I'd like to see us sign Baltimore's FS Will Demps also. Let's get away from these ancient safeties and get some young legs in our secondary. Would anybody be upset with this tandem?

It's not 100% sure yet but he doesn't appear close to re-signing with the Titans. His agent thinks that Williams is more likely to head into free agency. As far as a youth movement this would be a step in the right direction. I'd like to see us sign Baltimore's FS Will Demps also. Let's get away from these ancient safeties and get some young legs in our secondary. Would anybody be upset with this tandem?

615777[/snapback]

The guy hits like a jack hammer. Get him Marv!

Tank Williams is a beast!

First off i think he could figure out the cover 2 because the guy went to Stanford.

He can hit with the best of them and he seems to always be around the ball. I say we get him, because it comes down to either a guy named Coy or a guy named Tank.

I'll take the Tank.

Tank Williams was a TSW favorite before the draft, oft-mentioned as a 2nd or 3rd Rounder for the Bills.

------------------------------

April 20, 2002

Tank Williams and Coy Wire both heard their names called in Saturday's NFL Draft held in New York. Williams, from Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, was taken in the second round - 45th pick overall - by the Tennessee Titans. Wire, who played inside linebacker on The Farm the past two years, was taken in the third round - 97th pick overall - by the Buffalo Bills as a safety.

Williams was an All-America free safety and first-team All-Pac-10 selection last season while Wire, who led the team in tackles the past two years, was also a first-team All-Pac-10 pick.

Guys with a weapons charge can play on my defense any day. If it was a DUI, well, hit em' with the bottle. Unless they are a total ass like TO, stuff like this doesn't bother me. Every team has guys who have baggage like this, Buffalo just does a damn good job of covering this kind of thing up. Just give me some guys who want to kick some ass on D and I'm happy.