If the NFL ever does away with the cap

If the NFL ever decided to operate without a salary cap, how would it affect you as a Bills fan?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If the NFL ever decided to operate without a salary cap, how would it affect you as a Bills fan?

• Passion for the Bills would Increase
    • Passion for the Bills would decrease
    • No change

I am a Yankee fan as well, but not a baseball fan in general.

It wouldn't affect my passion for the Bills, as they would still be my favorite team, but it might affect my overall interest in the NFL.

My passion for the Bills wouldn't change, but my passion for the NFL certainly would. It would be a disaster for the NFL to be an uncapped league. It would allow the Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyders of the league to overspend and field an all star team year after year. The competive balance of the league would be totally gone. One positive some people might take from it is that there would finally be a minor leagues for the NFL. It'd be all the small market teams like Buffalo, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, etc.

So long as we are a winner, and my ticket prices & taxes don't increase, I'm OK with it.  But don't count on it

614892[/snapback]

I would bet heavily against those things happening if the cap goes bye bye.

The Bills would become the KC Royals of football. It's gotta be hard to get as excited if you know for sure before the season even starts that your team won't be competing.

Well, if that happens, after a number of 4-12 seasons, I'd think that the team would end up moving. Sell-outs would fall off. Televised home games would become oddities. I can't imagine any justification for a new stadium. :D

614893[/snapback]

That's much more likely that what I posted

So long as we are a winner, and my ticket prices & taxes don't increase, I'm OK with it. But don't count on it

I, too, am a Yankee fan. For many years, I have wished a hard cap for MLB. As much as I enjoy the winning and competing for a ring every year, it got stale. It was expected. It took the fun out of it. You can't possibly enjoy the success to it's fullest knowing you have the upper hand on the majority. (Before Sox Nation jumps on, SCREW YOU, you're 2nd in line in payroll)

To answer your question, it would not effect me as a Bills fan. Conversely, as I pointed out above, (Cowboys/Redskins = Yankees/Sox) I would hope the Cowboy and Skins fans wouldn't be dancing in the streets should we learn the NFL goes uncapped. It is not good for the broad base of fans overall. The perennial loser as well as the perennial winner.

keep it fresh....keep it real......