Vince Young and the Wonderlic

John Clayton of ESPN is reporting Vince Young's agent says he got a score of 16 on the Wonderlic not a 6.  The more I research the sources that claim he got a six, none seem to be able to verify this 100%, almost every source used a word like allegedly or rumored.  However Mack Brown and the owner of the Texans are the ones who seem to be backing the fact that Young got a 16.  I smell a rat; I think there is something to the reports of such a low score of 6.

613485[/snapback]

The 6 apparently did happen, but the test was administered incorrectly, therefore it doesn't count.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 6 apparently did happen, but the test was administered incorrectly, therefore it doesn't count.

614212[/snapback]

yeah- Mack Brown had arranged for Vince to have the actual answers in front of him while taking the test, but the test proctor was left out of the loop and had Vince take it without study aids. :D

This is a pretty funny wonderlic link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060227

my favorite is...

45. When Brett Favre throws an interception into quadruple coverage, it is generally thought to be excusable because ____.

Answer choices: (a) he is a "gunslinger"; (b) he isn't surrounded by top-notch talent, so therefore his only alternative is to play down to their level; © he is nice to the media; (d) he is Brett Favre; (e) all of the above; (f) I have no idea.

612932[/snapback]

My answer is E, but I am partial it B :D

• 2 weeks later...

We give the same test to help evaluate people interviewing position for our jobs.

You would be surprised. A lot of people score lower than 20...

I am not the smartest person in the world and I scored a 43.

It is really an IQ test..common sense

:lol:

Wonderlic Test

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Wonderlic Personnel Test (often referred to as Wunderlich) is an intelligence test primarily known for being administered to prospective players in the National Football League since the 1970s. The Wonderlic is a twelve-minute, fifty-question exam to assess aptitude for learning a job and adapting to solve problems for employees in a wide range of occupations. The score is calculated as the number of correct answers given in the allotted time. A score of 20 is intended to indicate average intelligence (corresponding to an intelligence quotient of 100; to convert scores IQ = 2WPT + 60). It is rumored that at least one player has scored a 1 on the test.

Contents

1 Famous scores

2 Average scores

3 Sample questions

4 References

5 External links

Famous scores

Pat McInally, a wide receiver/punter from Harvard University who played for the Cincinnati Bengals from 1977 to 1985, is the only player known to have scored a perfect 50. In 2005, it was rumored that Ryan Fitzpatrick, a quarterback also from Harvard, scored a perfect 50, but his actual accomplishment was to finish the test in 9 minutes with a score of 38 — the most impressive speed ever seen at the NFL Combine. Fitzpatrick was drafted in 2005 by the St. Louis Rams — referenced in The Wall Street Journal (September 30, 2005) as the NFL's Smartest Team.

Some rumored, but unconfirmed, scores of other NFL players and draft candidates:

Pat McInally, punter — 50

Mike Mamula, defensive end — 49

Kevin Curtis, wide receiver — 48

Adam Cox, quarterback — 43

Alex Smith, quarterback — 40

Brian Griese, quarterback — 39

Eli Manning, quarterback — 39

Akili Smith, quarterback — 37 (suspected of cheating; scored 15 on first attempt)

Matt Leinart, quarterback — 35

Tom Brady, quarterback — 33

Steve Young, quarterback — 33

John Elway, quarterback — 30

Troy Aikman, quarterback — 29

Peyton Manning, quarterback — 28

Ryan Leaf, quarterback — 27

Major Applewhite, quarterback — 26

Ben Roethlisberger, quarterback — 25

Hugh Millen, quarterback — 24

David Carr, quarterback — 24

Brett Favre, quarterback — 22

Chris Simms, quarterback — 22

Michael Vick, quarterback — 20

Vinny Testaverde, quarterback — 18

Antwaan Randle El, wide receiver (former college quarterback) — 17

Aaron Brooks, quarterback — 16

Dan Marino, quarterback — 16

Vince Young, quarterback — 16 (previously rumored to have scored 6)[1]

Randall Cunningham, quarterback — 15

Donovan McNabb, quarterback — 12

Jeff George, quarterback — 10

[edit]

Average scores

This assessment roughly corresponds to the averages revealed, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, by an NFL personnel man in Paul Zimmerman's "The New Thinking Man's Guide to Pro Football," which are:

Offensive tackles: 26

Centers: 25

Quarterbacks: 24

Guards: 23

Tight Ends: 22

Safeties: 19

Middle linebackers: 19

Cornerbacks: 18

Wide receivers: 17

Fullbacks: 17

Halfbacks: 16

The average scores in other professions are:

Chemist: 31

Programmer: 29

Newswriter: 26

Sales: 24

Bank teller: 22

Clerical Worker: 21

Security Guard: 17

RP Techs: 9

Sample questions

A sample Wonderlic Test posted by ESPN showed questions that varied in difficulty:

Q: The ninth month of the year is:

Pick One: October, January, June, September, or May.

Q. In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a printed page contains 1,800 words. Using smaller type, a page contains 2,400 words. The article is allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in smaller type?[2]

(sorry about the lay out just a cut and paste.)