WIVB: Eric Moulds' agent says NO Pay Cut!

Mike32282

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buh-bye Moulds......

611367[/snapback]

I agree. After listening to that, I think it's pretty safe to say that Eric Moulds is most likely gone. Unless Marv Levy finds a way to restructure his contract without killing the team long term.

How do you really feel?  :D

Forgot the :lol: again, didn't I?

I liked Moulds. Liked him a lot, enough to spend beaucoup $$$ on the Pro Bowl jersey mentioned above. But time passes. Life goes on. I just hope that Marv, Modrak, and the rest of the gang have a viable Plan B at WR, because there isn't anyone currently on the roster (other than Moulds) I want to see starting opposite Evans in September 2006.

Nice signature Lori!

The Brick quote? Blame NB for that one; cracked me up when I heard it, so I decided to hang onto it for a while...

Bakay's cool. (And I'd say that even if he didn't read TBD. :lol: )

I agree.  After listening to that, I think it's pretty safe to say that Eric Moulds is most likely gone.  Unless Marv Levy finds a way to restructure his contract without killing the team long term.

611370[/snapback]

I didn't quite hear it the same way, I guess.

What I heard was Moulds agent doing a bit of pre-negotiation posturing..."It's a win-win situation for Eric...if the Bills want him to stay and they want to pay him, he'll sta.., er, uh, there's a chance he'll stay. If they don't want to pay him and they want to reduce him, well the odds are maybe against him staying..." When asked about restructuring vs. a pay cut, he hem'd and haw'd, "It's hard to say..it's hard to say..."

Sounded like 'agent-speak', to me.

I did hear Jauron say that Moulds has been a productive player for a long time and is "clearly part of this football team, and that's how we're proceeding..."

I think there'll be a reasonable compromise, and Moulds will be back.

Of course, I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

Moulds is STILL a solid WR. It's not his fault the Bills QBing situation has sucked for the few years. You put Moulds on a solid offensive team and he will still cut up the top corners in the NFL. Say what you want but Moulds still has it and some team will pay him the money.

If this is the end Eric I hope you go to a winning team next year because I believe you deserve it! We better hope Eric Moulds ends up in the NFC cause he will tear us a new ass when he plays us.

I didn't quite hear it the same way, I guess. 

What I heard was Moulds agent doing a bit of pre-negotiation posturing..."It's a win-win situation for Eric...if the Bills want him to stay and they want to pay him, he'll sta.., er, uh, there's a chance he'll stay.  If they don't want to pay him and they want to reduce him, well the odds are maybe against him staying..."  When asked about restructuring vs. a pay cut, he hem'd and haw'd, "It's hard to say..it's hard to say..."

Sounded like 'agent-speak', to me.

I did hear Jauron say that Moulds has been a productive player for a long time and is "clearly part of this football team, and that's how we're proceeding..."

I think there'll be a reasonable compromise, and Moulds will be back.

Of course, I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

611390[/snapback]

I wish I shared your optimism. :D

Face it, this is 2001 all over again. New GM & coach, salary cap purge.

Best thing to do is go with JP & if he bombs draft the top QB, because we're almost certain to have a top 5 pick next year if JP bombs & a top 10 pick if Holcomb is the starter. If JP plays well, then at least the season isn't a total waste of time and we could actually have a semi-decent team. Unless Marv goes wild in free agency, we're in for a long year.

Face it, this is 2001 all over again.  New GM & coach, salary cap purge.

Not really. The Bills were in SERIOUS cap hell back in 2001. This year they had about $5M in cap room going into the off-season. The moves to be made are based on production, age, salary, and fit. The Bills CANNOT justify paying a 33-year old WR with declining skills ~$7.2M in new money this year, when releasing him would save anywhere from $4.5M-$5.5M (depending on the source), which they could use towards a younger, cheaper, and just as good WR (at this stage of Moulds' career), plus towards another player. And Moulds isn't the only player in this situation.