Vinatieri a free agent?

The Senator

Interesting...

Patriots pass on franchise tag for Vinatieri

611025[/snapback]

Very interesting...but, we have more immediate needs, IMO. Hey, if we were lousy with $$under the cap, I'd recommend throwing him a bag of cash. But, we have a LOT of basic needs and a pretty reliable kicker in Lindell. It's not as if we're a FG away from the playoffs or the SB.

Very interesting...but, we have more immediate needs, IMO.  Hey, if we were lousy with $$under the cap, I'd recommend throwing him a bag of cash.  But, we have a LOT of basic needs and a pretty reliable kicker in Lindell.  It's not as if we're a FG away from the playoffs or the SB.

611039[/snapback]

Oh I agree - in no way was I implying that the Bills should go after him. Lindell actually had a better year than Vinatieri, and only costs $950K (vs. $2.5-3M).

Would be nice to see the Patriots lose him, though.

Oh I agree - in no way was I implying that the Bills should go after him.  Lindell actually had a better year than Vinatieri, and only costs $950K (vs. $2.5-3M).

Would be nice to see the Patriots lose him, though.

611047[/snapback]

For sure. And it would be GREAT for the Bills to get him...just not practical. BTW, I didn't think you were advocating the Bills should get him. i just figured you were s#it-stirring. :lol:

Lindell had a great year and AV had an off year. But, in the clutch, I'd put my $$ on AV (especially if the kick was over 45 yards.)

While he is a great one, I've started to really like Lindell. I think the change at long-snapper has help his game a great deal....And I am just a little suspect of bringing in players that the Patsies are willing to give up on.

I hope the Pats lose him and I hope the Bills don't even think about it.....The Bills went to bed with a couple Ex Patriots in the not too distant past and woke up with STD's

611069[/snapback]

When do you think we will all learn that even though the Pasties are inherently evil, they are great judges of talent. Might even be better than some of us here at 2BD.

How can you say that?  He hasn't been around longer than Jason Elam and he's still got leg.

His reliability has gone down the past few years. He had some key misses this past year, and in the Panthers SB 2 years ago. That's why you're seeing the Pats balking at keeping him. I mean for what he's done for the franchise, he's a keeper no matter what, but as people have said, BB knows when to get rid of players. The problem here though is there's no easy fix/replacement for them.

Since there aren't many kickers out there, there is probably already a re-structure working. Franchising takes that off the table, pretty much, doesn't it? I don't keep up with that stuff much.

I'm content with Lindell, which is 180 degrees from what I thought this time last year.