Dylan, Springsteen Prep New CDs

Rico

Rolling Stone

If Dylan's new one is anything like TOOM or L&T, it will be outstanding,

can't wait (get it)! :lol:

As for Bruce, IMO this looks like another snoozer...

NO E-STREET BAND still equals NO SALE :lol:

610792[/snapback]

Great news. I love Bruce's folky stuff. Ghost of Tom Joad is one of the best CD's out there as is Nebraska. His last tour was incredible.

Bruce's is just gonna be covers.  And how could you not like Devils and Dust?

612390[/snapback]

To be honest, it wasn't so much the album I didn't like... it was the tour. He should be rocking out now with the E-Street Band while he's still got a chance, & save this stuff for when he's too old to rock.

To be honest, it wasn't so much the album I didn't like... it was the tour. He should be rocking out now with the E-Street Band while he's still got a chance, & save this stuff for when he's too old to rock.

612647[/snapback]

I saw him twice on the D&D tour and there were some real gems... "Sandy," "Nebraska" and "State Trooper" in Buffalo; "Independence Day," "My Father's House," and "Racing In The Streets" in Rochester. I'm not a huge fan of the album, actually, but it was worth going to the shows just to hear his "Nebraska," "River," and "Darkness" stuff especially.

Given the choice? I'll take him with the E Street Band over solo any day. But I'll take him solo over no tour any day, too.

I saw him twice on the D&D tour and there were some real gems... "Sandy," "Nebraska" and "State Trooper" in Buffalo; "Independence Day," "My Father's House," and "Racing In The Streets" in Rochester.  I'm not a huge fan of the album, actually, but it was worth going to the shows just to hear his "Nebraska," "River," and "Darkness" stuff especially.

Given the choice?  I'll take him with the E Street Band over solo any day.  But I'll take him solo over no tour any day, too.

612711[/snapback]

I've got all the shows & a ton of DVDs from the tour (just cause they're out there & easy to get), but I hate to admit I've never listened to or watched one from start to finish. Unlike say Dylan or Neil, I don't think his material is strong enough to hold up to a 2-hr solo performance. I didn't like the Joad tour either, JMO.

Rico, just out of curiosity, do you have any kind of decent home audio rig? You are as passionate about music as anyone I know, so it would seem to only make sense that you drop some cash on a nice home system. Got anything good??

Rico, just out of curiosity, do you have any kind of decent home audio rig? You are as passionate about music as anyone I know, so it would seem to only make sense that you drop some cash on a nice home system. Got anything good??

612787[/snapback]

I'm happy with what I've got, but I'm always looking to upgrade...

I don't have the model #'s handy, but right now I have:

Yamaha receiver NEW (with HDMI interface :doh: )

Mitsubishu 65" Medallion CRT (without HDMI interface :D )

Polk Audio surround speakers package (all bookshelf)... except for my

Klipsch bookshelf speakers (6th + 7th rear channels, 2 front presence)

Denon CD/DVD player (with SACD/DVD-A)

JVC DVD multi-region NTSC/PAL player

Pioneer LD player (2-sided "flipper")

piece of crap cassette deck in storage

piece of crap turntable in storage

Great for movies, but if I want to blast music, I go to the guest room with my old Yamaha receiver connected to a pair of Klipsch Heresy's. :lol:

Not counting the TV, I've probably got about 3-4K invested in the main system, not that much compared to others. I spend much more (for better or worse) on media... that will soon change once Blu-Ray/HD DVD comes out later this year, I'm afraid. :lol::D

What've you got? :lol:

lol, yeah, there aren't many better options for blasting music than Klipsch! That sounds like you've got some nice noise going on there...I figured you had to have a good set-up :D

I'm in the middle of revamping my system, but I did finally just pull the trigger on my speaker upgrade....I went with these: http://www.americanwired.com/audio/devoregib8/gibbons8.html

For gear right now I've got an Outlaw Audio 950 pre/pro with a handful of Outlaw M200 monoblocks amps. Denon 2900 universal player is my main source, and I just picked up a Sanyo Z2 front projector last fall. It was a couple models outdate when I bought it, but the reviews in 2003 were reall good so I pulled the trigger....it rocks :doh: Speaking of which, that's a pretty nice 65" set you've got there yourself :lol:

I love home audio :D

Are these like your Hereseys? http://www.mobeelia.com/stuffs/1001_002.jpg

lol, yeah, there aren't many better options for blasting music than Klipsch!  That sounds like you've got some nice noise going on there...I figured you had to have a good set-up :doh:

I'm in the middle of revamping my system, but I did finally just pull the trigger on my speaker upgrade....I went with these: http://www.americanwired.com/audio/devoregib8/gibbons8.html

For gear right now I've got an Outlaw Audio 950 pre/pro with a handful of Outlaw M200 monoblocks amps. Denon 2900 universal player is my main source, and I just picked up a Sanyo Z2 front projector last fall. It was a couple models outdate when I bought it, but the reviews in 2003 were reall good so I pulled the trigger....it rocks :lol: 

612998[/snapback]

Sounds like a great system + you're spending some serious jack! Those speakers are worth more than my system! :D

Speaking of which, that's a pretty nice 65" set you've got there yourself :D

612998[/snapback]

It's great now, but it'll be obsolete later this year. :lol:

Yeah, the speakers are killer....I've been waiting for a good while to find exactly what I wanted, so it's been a long time coming. I expect them to last me a long, long time.

As for your set, hey, that's just all the more reason to get HD going, bro! :D I don't know if it's of any interest, or whether it's feasible, but I use a small 19" cheapo tv for my background and non-serius watching....and then use the projector for prime time and special events. You can get a GOOD projector for cheap....just something to consider :doh:

Have you seen Fezmid's rig?? My gear is about to crush his stuff, but his room is far better than mine. He's really got a nice little HT going on!

As for your set, hey, that's just all the more reason to get HD going, bro! :D  I don't know if it's of any interest, or whether it's feasible, but I use a small 19" cheapo tv for my background and non-serius watching....and then use the projector for prime time and special events. You can get a GOOD projector for cheap....just something to consider :doh:

613016[/snapback]

My set is an HD set... HD broadcasts look spectacular on it. But I bought in in 2002 & it doesn't have the HDMI interface, so when HD-DVD comes out, it will be worthless to me.

I don't think I have the "throw" (think that's the right word) in my living room to get the projected image as big as I would like.

Have you seen Fezmid's rig?? My gear is about to crush his stuff, but his room is far better than mine. He's really got a nice little HT going on!

613016[/snapback]

No, but I've read him write about it.

Oh I see, well that's awesome then.....they're so busy trying to figure all that crap out right now anyway, between blu-ray and HD-DVD, you may not even find it worth it for a little while. If you've got 65" in HD, then you're golden :D

Did you see that pic of the Heresys I added to my post above? That's the only one I could find.....I can imagine those must put out some MASSIVE sound!

Oh I see, well that's awesome then.....they're so busy trying to figure all that crap out right now anyway, between blu-ray and HD-DVD, you may not even find it worth it for a little while. If you've got 65" in HD, then you're golden :doh:

Did you see that pic of the Heresys I added to my post above? That's the only one I could find.....I can imagine those must put out some MASSIVE sound!

613026[/snapback]

Looks like them, except those look to be in much better shape than mine... Got em used from a friend who needed fast cash back in the early 90's, & he had them awhile before me. They crank! :D

Looks like them, except those look to be in much better shape than mine... Got em used from a friend who needed fast cash back in the early 90's, & he had them awhile before me. They crank! :D

613031[/snapback]

I can imagine they do, lol....Klipsch seem sort of like Magnepans, another one of my favorite speakers.....People who own them keep them for a long time, and once they fall in love with that horn tweeter, they are hooked. Those things are so easy to drive that you must be able to get it to the point where it's dangerous! lol

I can imagine they do, lol....Klipsch seem sort of like Magnepans, another one of my favorite speakers.....People who own them keep them for a long time, and once they fall in love with that horn tweeter, they are hooked. Those things are so easy to drive that you must be able to get it to the point where it's dangerous! lol

613033[/snapback]

I would still have them in the main system, but they're so old, they're not magnetically shielded...had a funky rainbow effect on my old 35" Mitsubishi tube TV that didn't go away until I left it unplugged for a couple months... sold it to a friend, when she hooked it up, no more rainbow. :D