Interesting QB Prospect

C.Biscuit97

I caught NFL Total Access a couple times this week and they started covering the draft. They had their draft guy, Mike Mayock, and Corey Chavious. Chavious is a safety for the Vikings who has become sort of a draft expert. Say what you want, he seems like he really puts in work and knows his stuff. Anyways they rate their top players at each position and overall. Pretty generic stuff except for Chavious, who had QB Reggie McNeal of Texas A&M as not only the number #1 QB, but NUMBER #1 PLAYER IN THE WHOLE DRAFT (sorry needed the caps there :D ). Personally, I hate the talk of getting another QB instead of JP, who's had all of 8 starts. However, McNeal intrigues me. He probably has the strongest arm and best speed of any QB. A lot of draft guides had him as the second best qb to Leinhart before the season. However, he had a bad senior season. Now, a lot of teams are looking for him as a WR. So we can get this guy probably in the 4th or 5th round. Worst comes to worst, he becomes a slash type player and 3rd string QB, who can defintiely help this team. However, if JP doesn't develop, perhaps this guy might and then the 1st round pick spend for JP does look so bad if we get 5th round pick to become our starter. Just curious what everyone else thinks but honestly, I really like this guy a lot. In a non-gay way, not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Some stats to back him up: In the East-West Shrine Bowl, where most teams wanted to see him at WR, he played QB and was offensive MVP. He went 9-11 passing for 211 yards and ran 4 times for 32 yards. He lead his team on scoring drives on each of his four drives in the game.

And since I'm too lazy to type this all up, he's a link to his page at Texas A&M.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/bios.php?SID...ID=111&YOS=2005

Trust me this guy may be the real deal. Plus, he's going to be so motivated to prove he can play QB. Get it done Marv. :D

I also like Whitehurst.  The guy has some talent.  It seems as though every time he played UM, he had a darn good game.  I would consider drafting him in with a middle round pick.

609608[/snapback]

I like Whitehurst too but I have a couple of problems with him. 1) He is more of a pro-type QB and some team will probably reach a little early on him. 2) He would look great one game and really bad another. 3) And the real reason I like McNeal is that JP won't have to worry about him immediately. Just my two cents.