Simon Gagne...

taterhill

Honestly, it was meazza but Russia was far more aggressive the first two periods. Canada was too passive.

609005[/snapback]

it's ok

Kovy and Markov can now go back to floating in a habs jersey doing the occassional nice play since the olympics are over :w00t:

it's ok

Kovy and Markov can now go back to floating in a habs jersey doing the occassional nice play since the olympics are over  :w00t:

609007[/snapback]

I can't say I blame ya. Especially with Kovy. He's my favorite player. When he wants to bring it, there are few better.

If you somehow got to the playoffs, #27 is a good guy to have.

P.S. That Kaspar hit was vicious but clean.

I can't say I blame ya. Especially with Kovy. He's my favorite player. When he wants to bring it, there are few better.

All six times a year he decides to show up.

If you somehow got to the playoffs, #27 is a good guy to have.

You can have him - mostly because it's more likely if he's on your roster you're not going to be in the playoffs.

P.S. That Kaspar hit was vicious but clean.

609009[/snapback]

Hopefully the Flyers won't care, rip his head off and toss it to some 300 pound Philly chick to eat nachos out of. He's a punk and guys like him and Marchement should be subject to every game beatings until they can't play anymore.

this has been a great game... but Canada has to score  :w00t:

608931[/snapback]

Again I find myself questioning your knowledge of hockey.

That was far from a great game. At least for Canada. What I saw was a team that looked slow and old. Couldn't figure out the wider ice surface, showed significantly less talent than the Russians and most importantly, far less desire than them. They had no jump and showed zero cohesion.

I'm afraid the weiner and his crew grossly overestimated their picks for this team.

Draper? Really?

Again, Draper, really????

Pronger looked like a total bust and should have been benched before this game.

To many guys gave nothing. I don't know how much of this is Quinn, or how much of this is weiner's choice of players.

I can't say that it's because we didn't get any practice time as a team because the same thing would apply to other teams and to us in other years also. So that will not be the crutch.

I personally will lay most of the blame with weiner and his boys choices. Including choosing Fat Pat for coach! But after winning it all in Salt Lake, I guess he owed Quinn that much.

Side note: did you see Pavel Bure in the Russian contingent? Didn't he look like a perfect little comrade?? :w00t: I assume he lives over there since retiring because he didn't have any New York flair about him. Moscovite yes, NY, no :w00t:

All six times a year he decides to show up.

Haha...he showed up for the Canadiens against Boston.

You can have him - mostly because it's more likely if he's on your roster you're not going to be in the playoffs.

Depends on who else you have. If you have zero D and shaky goaltending, then yes. I agree.

Hopefully the Flyers won't care, rip his head off and toss it to some 300 pound Philly chick to eat nachos out of.  He's a punk and guys like him and Marchement should be subject to every game beatings until they can't play anymore.

609049[/snapback]

Wrong on all accounts. He's a clean hitter unlike Derian Hatcher.

Uh, 15 seasons 7 in the playoffs, 8 out. 

Kovalev is a classic underachiever.  I'm surprised George Steinbrenner hasn't tried to sign him.

609115[/snapback]

Underachiever, yes. But somehow he's still reached 300 career goals. He's 33 right now. He should definitely top 400. Far from a classic underachiever. Classic underachievers don't play big roles in Stanley Cups. Especially in their rookie year.

Underachiever, yes. But somehow he's still reached 300 career goals. He's 33 right now. He should definitely top 400. Far from a classic underachiever. Classic underachievers don't play big roles in Stanley Cups. Especially in their rookie year.

609146[/snapback]

Not sure I'd use the plural "Stanley Cups" when he's only been on one Cup winning team. It also wasn't his rookie year, it was his second. As far as playing a "big role" that's your opinion. He was a factor, as were about 15 other guys on the roster. Not sure where I'd rate his contributions but it'd be in the middle of the pack behind guys like Messier, Leetch, Richter, Teek, Larmer, Andersen, Zubov, Boom, McTavish, and possibly Matteau (who scored a bigger goal?). For crying out loud he scored nearly half his goals in the first round against the Islanders, who only put up three in four games!

Nothing more than an apology for a guy who has already admitted he's talking about his favorite player. As far as his goal numbers, he has the talent to score at about twice the rate he traditionally has. No one is better when you don't need him - he's a rich man's Miro Satan.

Wrong on all accounts. He's a clean hitter unlike Derian Hatcher.

609145[/snapback]

You got a ton of credibility with that statement. Kasperpunkass is a clean hitter? Mostly because he wears a blue sweater, huh?

Take off the rose colored glasses. Dude is the master of butt ending.

I won't argue that Hatcher is a punk. No doubt about it. My dream fight is a three way with Marchment, Hatcher and punkass simultaneously elbowing each other out of the game.

Again I find myself questioning your knowledge of hockey.

That was far from a great game. At least for Canada. What I saw was a team that looked slow and old. Couldn't figure out the wider ice surface, showed significantly less talent than the Russians and most importantly, far less desire than them. They had no jump and showed zero cohesion.

I'm afraid the weiner and his crew grossly overestimated their picks for this team.

Draper? Really?

Again, Draper, really????

Pronger looked like a total bust and should have been benched before this game.

To many guys gave nothing. I don't know how much of this is Quinn, or how much of this is weiner's choice of players.

I can't say that it's because we didn't get any practice time as a team because the same thing would apply to other teams and to us in other years also. So that will not be the crutch.

I personally will lay most of the blame with weiner and his boys choices. Including choosing Fat Pat for coach! But after winning it all in Salt Lake, I guess he owed Quinn that much.

609114[/snapback]

the game was tight, they looked slow but the fact that it was an elimination game against a tough rival made it more exciting. i agree though that it was obvious that Canada was probably never gonna tie it unless some fluke.

I despise Fat pat as well though and wonder who will be the next coach.

Oh that's just not right.

609236[/snapback]

i'm sorry was too easy

you know the day after i took this guy #1 overall in my keeper league, he went and crash his car, so i was given an compensation pick of sergei zholtok and he ended up dying at the end of the season :D