We CAN'T return to salary cap jail again.

Tipster19

I don't know just what the ramifications of our current contracts but I do know that no matter how painful the decisions may be on some of our current players we do need to protect our future. There may be just a few players whose contracts are out of whack. If they impede our future with this new regime then they need to go, no matter how long they have been with the team. Not much is expected for the upcoming season. I'd much rather see us structure this season financially than to see us scramble for a few expensive victories. The real success facing this organization is balancing the ledger. I do believe that one of Marv's strengths is creating a positive work enviroment. If we are financially fit for the foreseeable future then players can and will be willing to play in Buffalo. The lumps taken this season won't be limited to just on the field but more importantly our image around the league. I believe our biggest concern should be restoring our credibility, the rest will take care of itself under this administration.

I don't know just what the ramifications of our current contracts but I do know that no matter how painful the decisions may be on some of our current players we do need to protect our future. There may be just a few players whose contracts are out of whack. If they impede our future with this new regime then they need to go, no matter how long they have been with the team. Not much is expected for the upcoming season. I'd much rather see us structure this season financially than to see us scramble for a few expensive victories. The real success facing this organization is balancing the ledger. I do believe that one of Marv's strengths is creating a positive work enviroment. If we are financially fit for the foreseeable future then players can and will be willing to play in Buffalo. The lumps taken this season won't be limited to just on the field but more importantly our image around the league. I believe our biggest concern should be restoring our credibility, the rest will take care of itself under this administration.

608361[/snapback]

i think you're right, but i also think you're overlooking the bigger picture. If we were a wining football team, do we even have this conversation? Wining can make players come to buffalo, wining can balance the ledger, and wining can restore our credibility.

i also think that our front office will make the right decisions, but we as bills fans have to understand that there will be tough years in terms of salary cap hell, its natural. I wouldnt want us to always be perfectly under the cap but suck, i just want to win, whatever it takes i just want to win