Question about backing up files

IBTG81

I have an external hard drive which sontains ALL of my music...about 100 gigs or so. Is there an easy way to back this up in case something happens (please dont tell me I have to burn everything)? Thanks.

607595[/snapback]

External Hard Drives are extremely good at being backups as long as you use them properly.

There is no good way to back this dara up. Perhaps another external hard drive? (lol)

Seriously though, people usually buy externals to back their stuff up onto. Backing it up again would sux.

External Hard Drives are extremely good at being backups as long as you use them properly.

There is no good way to back this dara up.  Perhaps another external hard drive? (lol)

Seriously though, people usually buy externals to back their stuff up onto.  Backing it up again would sux.

607598[/snapback]

I was actually thinking of buying another external to back this stuff up onto.

:lol:

I was actually thinking of buying another external to back this stuff up onto.

:doh:

607601[/snapback]

It may sound stupid, but the reality is I transfer a lot of digital video and 8 megapixel photos to an external harddrive because the files eat up so much space that it didn't make sense to store it all on my desktop. External harddrives are so cheap anymore, I just bought another 200 gig drive for $39 and an enclosure for $50 and every night have both my important PC files and "media external drive" backed up to the other drive.

For better or worse, I've had an external harddrive crap out on me and it was non-recoverable. I'm willing to bet that my PC and two external drives won't all crash at the same time.

You can also pay an offsite server to hold your stuff if you want. Try something like this, I suppose.