Here it is

ans4e64

ok, i like some of the other people's offseasons on here, however, this is the bills, and i dont think we'll be able to land either hutchinson or bentley for whatever reason. So here's my reasonable offseason.

Free Agency:

Resign: We tag Clements for the 1 year, ron edwards, denney, reed, kevin thomas, bannan, aiken, haggan, stamer.

Cut: mike williams, mark campbell, ryan neufeld, bennie anderson, posey, and i could really care less if vincent and milloy are gone, but i'll keep them here at least till camp and see what they got in the new system

Sign:

Like i said before, lets assume we dont get bentley or hutchinson, cuz this is the bills. I also think atlanta will resign shaffer, which is probable.

I think we get OT Jeff Backus, TE Chris Baker, S Terrence Holt, OT Mike Pearson, Jonathan Wells, DE Kalimba Edwards

Draft: According to thehuddlereport's 7 round mock, i just took the players available in each round, keep in mind this mock was done by a computer

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/adpass/prot.../DM/dm2.9.shtml

1. DT Haloti Ngata

2. OG Charles Spencer

3. S Pat Watkins

3. OT Andrew Whitworth

4. OG Rob Sims

5. LB AJ Nicholson

6. WR Brandon Marshall (6'6'', huge, red zone threat)

7. QB Kellen Clemons

Depth Chart:

WR: Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed, Brandon Marshall, Sam Aiken

TE: Chris Baker, Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus

LT: Jeff Backus, Mike Pearson

LG: Charles Spencer, Mike Gandy

C: Duke Preston, Justin Geisinger

RG: Chris Villarrial, Rob Sims

RT: Jason Peters, Andrew Whitworth

QB: JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Kellen Clemons

RB: Willis McGahee, Jonathan Wells, Shaud Williams, Lionel Gates

FB: Daimon Shelton

DE: Aaron Schobel, Kalimba Edwards

DT: Sam Adams, Justin Bannan, Tim Anderson

DT: Haloti Ngata, Ron Edwards

DE: Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay

OLB: Takeo Spikes, Josh Stamer

ILB: London Fletcher, Mario Haggan

OLB: Angelo Crowell, AJ Nicholson

CB: Nate Clements, Terrence McGee, Jabari Greer, Kevin Thomas, Eric King

SS: Lawyer Milloy, Pat Watkins, maybe Coy Wire

FS: Troy Vincent, Terrence Holt, maybe Rashad Baker, Jim Leonhard

now keep in mind imm trying to be reasonable in free agency, i dont think we can sign all the players we want.

ok, i like some of the other people's offseasons on here, however, this is the bills, and i dont think we'll be able to land either hutchinson or bentley for whatever reason. So here's my reasonable offseason.

Free Agency:

Resign: We tag Clements for the 1 year, ron edwards, denney, reed, kevin thomas, bannan, aiken, haggan, stamer.

Cut: mike williams, mark campbell, ryan neufeld, bennie anderson, posey, and i could really care less if vincent and milloy are gone, but i'll keep them here at least till camp and see what they got in the new system

Sign:

Like i said before, lets assume we dont get bentley or hutchinson, cuz this is the bills. I also think atlanta will resign shaffer, which is probable.

I think we get OT Jeff Backus, TE Chris Baker, S Terrence Holt, OT Mike Pearson, Jonathan Wells, DE Kalimba Edwards

Draft: According to thehuddlereport's 7 round mock, i just took the players available in each round, keep in mind this mock was done by a computer

1. DT Haloti Ngata

2. OG Charles Spencer

3. S Pat Watkins

3. OT Andrew Whitworth

4. OG Rob Sims

5. LB AJ Nicholson

7. QB Kellen Clemons

Depth Chart:

WR: Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed, Brandon Marshall, Sam Aiken

now keep in mind imm trying to be reasonable in free agency, i dont think we can sign all the players we want.

606537[/snapback]

Great.....another 5-11 season.

Great.....another 5-11 season.

606563[/snapback]

5-11 is pretty tough to avoid when you don't have a strong core. Which we don't. The proven starters TD has acquired via draft:

- Lee Evans

- Willis McGahee

- Aaron Schobel

- Angelo Crowell

- Nate Clements

- Terrence McGee

The solid free agents we have still in the prime of their careers:

- London Fletcher

- Takeo Spikes (assuming recovery from injury)

- Kelly Holcomb (at least in the eyes of some)

Notice few of the above players are above-average for starters. London played well this year, but he's getting older. Will he play equally well next year? Will Takeo fully recover from his injury? Will Nate Clements rise above the mistakes that plagued him in 2005?

Of the players listed above, only one plays in the trenches. Maybe guys like Preston or Geisinger will work out on the OL, or maybe they won't. People are getting excited about Peters after a few good games, but remember Mike Williams had some outstanding games in the second half of 2004. Now it looks like he'll be cut. This isn't to say that every offensive lineman who has good games will become the next Mike Williams; just that we shouldn't count our chickens before they're hatched.

A lot of things would have to go right to build a team with this many question marks, and this many outright holes. I think the Bills are more than a good offseason away from being able to do something.

I actually like this offseason plan. I think the Bills can strike gold in this offseason if we dont whore all of our money out to one guy like Bentley or Hutchinson and instead focus on bringing in solid contributers at a lower cost. Sadly, a lot of Bills fans still have this "IF YOU AREN'T A SUPER DUPER MEGASTAR NFL PLAYER, U SUCK! LOLOL!! OMFG!!11!!" mentality. The Patriots won three Superbowls by bringing in the right type of players, not the expensive stars (sans Dillon).

I might change up the draft a bit after the 2nd round, but all in all a good job.

Sorry but Backus and Pearson are a) not going to come cheap, and b) not going to play second fiddle to the other (i.e. I don't see Pearson coming to be a backup).

As I said, a top FA center is the Bills' biggest priority, and I think Marv knows this, considering the early-90's Bills' offense was predicated on a great center (Hull).

Sorry but Backus and Pearson are a) not going to come cheap, and b) not going to play second fiddle to the other (i.e. I don't see Pearson coming to be a backup).

As I said, a top FA center is the Bills' biggest priority, and I think Marv knows this, considering the early-90's Bills' offense was predicated on a great center (Hull).

606723[/snapback]

I'm sure that Backus and Person could both be signed and it would be up to them to beat out whom ever is starting. I also think that Person is still comming back from some injuries so I don't think any team that signs him is going to tell him he is an automatic starter. Besides just because Person was listed as a back up does not mean anything. The point is do you think we would sign him and would it be a good signing - not if he is listed as a back up. :devil:

Overall it looks like a solid plan and I believe the Bills still have the ability to be a playoff team. They are much better then a 5&11 team. That's what made this season so disapointing. We all feel that this team is not a 5 & 11 team.

They need a little help on both lines but so do most teams. Hopefully we will have better coaching and a smoother front office situation and I think this team will improve a lot. I don't know what a lot is but I hope it's enough to get into the playoffs. :devil:

606723[/snapback]

you dont like duke preston?

Free Agency:

Sign:

1. DT Haloti Ngata

2. OG Charles Spencer

3. S Pat Watkins

3. OT Andrew Whitworth

4. OG Rob Sims

5. LB AJ Nicholson

7. QB Kellen Clemons

Depth Chart:

606537[/snapback]

There are some good upgrades in your offseason, but the offensive line still looks suspect. If Bentley is not going to sign with the Bills, I think it would be a good move to go after the Nick Mangold from Ohio State in the second round.

There are some good upgrades in your offseason, but the offensive line still looks suspect.  If Bentley is not going to sign with the Bills, I think it would be a good move to go after the Nick Mangold from Ohio State in the second round.

606795[/snapback]

i dont know, i thought the o-line was the most solid, i felt there were other positions that were weaker in my offseason plan. I have rob sims behind villarrial, gandy behind spencer, backus and pearson at LT, and i like preston a lot. I think he'll be good as a center and i wouldnt use a pick on one unless they planned to move preston to guard.

I don't know enough about him to know if he'll make a good center.  Bentley OTOH is a Pro Bowler there.  So Preston could play RG.

606796[/snapback]

so if we cant bring in bentley, and you say we need to bring in a FA center, are there any other good ones out there better than preston?

I don't know.  Bentley is the guy I want.

606804[/snapback]

Say the Bills dont sign him...(99.9% likely). Is the offseason blown?

Its a bad idea to just key in on one guy. Especially a guy every other single NFL team covets. I'd like to hear just one good reason why Bentley would want to come to Buffalo. Just one thing that we can offer him that would entice him here that other teams cant.

Say the Bills dont sign him...(99.9% likely).  Is the offseason blown?

Depends on if they can sign an alternative, and how he produces. But I think that, unless they sign at least ONE top OL FA, it will be a bad off-season.

Its a bad idea to just key in on one guy.  Especially a guy every other single NFL team covets.  I'd like to hear just one good reason why Bentley would want to come to Buffalo.  Just one thing that we can offer him that would entice him here that other teams cant.

Again, why would ANYONE want to come to Buffalo, ever? It's not like they've been a great team anytime in the past 6-7 years. Yet the Bills still get FA's.

As for Bentley, this is specific to him, not all FA's. He has said he wants to play for Cleveland because it's his hometown. Well Buffalo isn't too far away (3 hour drive), and Peerless Price proves that playing for the hometown team isn't as great as it sounds. Plus the Bills have another Cleveland native in London Fletcher, who works out with Bentley, and can give him the inside scoop. Last of all, the Bills will be able to be competitive with salary offers.

I agree that putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good idea, but this guy is a proven Pro Bowler at an incredibly important position on the O-line, and he'll be able to play near home without all the negatives of it.

I'd rather have Nick Mangold if he's there in the 2nd and let Preston play guard.  IMHO Mangold was the most impressive interior lineman at the senior bowl.

606814[/snapback]

i watched the practices in the one on ones, and im a little worried about his point of attack against nfl DT's, they kind of pushed him around in practice, especially gabe watson, but he pushed everybody around, mangold is on the smaller side

i watched the practices in the one on ones, and im a little worried about his point of attack against nfl DT's, they kind of pushed him around in practice, especially gabe watson, but he pushed everybody around, mangold is on the smaller side

606834[/snapback]

I have to disagree with you. I watched every one on one drill and I never saw anyone beat Mangold, especially not Gabe Watson (who is going to be a major BUST if you ask me). Infact the one on one drills are the primary reason I was so impressed with this kid because not only was he beating people, he was putting a lot of people on their backs. Spencer was impressive too, but I'll stick to my guns about Mangold being the most impressive of the bunch.

I have to disagree with you.  I watched every one on one drill and I never saw anyone beat Mangold, especially not Gabe Watson (who is going to be a major BUST if you ask me).  Infact the one on one drills are the primary reason I was so impressed with this kid because not only was he beating people, he was putting a lot of people on their backs.  Spencer was impressive too, but I'll stick to my guns about Mangold being the most impressive of the bunch.

606839[/snapback]

if you go to nfl.com and go to nfl draft 2006 there is video of each position. Nobody beat mangold i dont think, i just didnt like how he got pushed back so much, watch each c/g they talk about, gabe watson just bull rushes all of them backwards, even spencer. Now wether or not some team can get him to do that every play is another question.

Not sold on Preston at all. He's big but just way too weak to get the job done right now. Sure, we have no clue if we have a shot at Bentley, but I think Preston is a career back-up at best. I have no clue why some people are so high on this guy. Yeah, he got some playing time as a rookie, but someone had to play when Villarial got hurt and he just happened to be that guy. Hopefully he proves me wrong but I sure as hell am not counting on it.