Conrad Dobler...where is he now??

LabattBlue

Sad note on Conrad Dobler's wife :devil: .....

Here's what happened to Conrad Dobler: When he played guard for the Cardinals in the '70s, Dobler was considered the dirtiest player in pro football, hence his autobiography, They Call Me Dirty. These days, the witty, tough Dobler helps care for his wife, Joy. She became a quadriplegic three years ago when she broke her neck. Dobler, who later played in New Orleans and Buffalo before retiring in 1981, owns a supplemental nursing service company in Overland Park, Kan. ...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/s...-saraceno_x.htm

I have a neighbor's son who was an pre -olympic quality gymnist. He had an accident on the vault and became a quadraplegic. Every year they have a fundraiser (golf tournament and auction). It was late July this year and my wife and I went. Looking at the auction items, I noticed a U of Wyoming jersey, a mini Bills helmet and a copy of the SI with Dobler on the front. Conrad was there and I had a nice conversation with him. He looks very trim. He talked a little about the Bills. He lives in the KC area and works in the health care employment field. He use to host a radio show here about 10-12 years ago. He talked about his wife's accident- she fell 3 ft off of a hammock. They are both active in spinal cord research.