Ryan Pickett

JStranger76

Here's what I know. He's 6'2 and 320, and around 27 or 28 years old. The Rams have 3 1st round DT's and from what I've heard he is the only one who has started to play somewhat up to his potential the last couple of years. I've seen a few Rams games but didn't really focus on him because I didn't know he was gonna become a free agent. Who has really seen him play and not just read something about him? I'd like to sign young up and comers not old stop gaps if possible. Someone tell us something useful here please.

Here's what I know. He's 6'2 and 320, and around 27 or 28 years old. The Rams have 3 1st round DT's and from what I've heard he is the only one who has started to play somewhat up to his potential the last couple of years. I've seen a few Rams games but didn't really focus on him because I didn't know he was gonna become a free agent. Who has really seen him play and not just read something about him? I'd like to sign young up and comers not old stop gaps if possible. Someone tell us something useful here please.

603779[/snapback]

Sure, in an uncapped situation, always go for the up-and-comer, but reality says that under a cap, there's only so much dough to go around. Every team has "stop" gap types that added wisely, contribute considerably to the success of many teams. The Pats have been picking up "stop-gap" players for years now and have done quite well with it.

603779[/snapback]

I have a friend out here who is a knowlegeable Rams fan, and he told me recently retaining him should be their top offeason priority.

As a fan of THe Ohio State University, I was not that impressed with him in college.

I was shocked to see him as a 1st rd choice. I thought Tim Anderson made more of an impact in college then pickett. And I'm not impresed with Anderson at the NFL level.

the scoop on Pickett was that he had a lot of raw talent when drafted, and had he stayed another year he would probably have been a top 20 pick. The Rams had 3 1st rounders that year, and took a chance on Pickett at the end of the round. He had a pretty decent year, but he wants like 4 year 20 million or something asinine like that, leading the Rams in tackles is like being the tallest dwarf in the NBA.

I lived in St Louis when he was drafted, and was never too impressed with Pickett.

However, the Bills now have some very good sources of info on him, in OC Fairchild and DL coach Bill Wassisname, both from the Rams org.

OTOH, maybe the Rams DTs were just overshadowed by the great DEs in Wistrom and Little.