Women's hockey: US v. Finland

Rayzer32

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone here really cares about the Women's Olympic hockey team, but Finland is on the verge of an upset.  Although, Canada is gonna kick the crap out of any team they face for the gold.

603146[/snapback]

First the Bills now this. What a horrible few months this has been !! No more updates please... my heart can't take it.

We have a Woman's Olympic Hockey Team?

603156[/snapback]

Yes!! And it's even on TV. It's amazing what goes on nowadays. I actually heard snowball fighting is going to be a new olympic sport in 2010.

I like your 4th rd pick. My brother is friends with Zemaitis. Went to HS with him.

Don't know if anyone here really cares about the Women's Olympic hockey team, but Finland is on the verge of an upset.  Although, Canada is gonna kick the crap out of any team they face for the gold.

603146[/snapback]

I've been impressed with the way the Finns have taken it to USA, but I just don't see them holding off the US firepower. There's a reason why the US and Canada are always ranked 1 and 2 and the Swedes, Swiss, and Finns are a distant 3, 4 and 5.

How long until somebody complains about spoiler thread titles.....HEY I WAS GOING TO WATCH THAT TONIGHT.......I give it 3 more posts.

603163[/snapback]

I just saved you two hours. You can fast forward to the 3rd period. I won't post anymore scores. 0:)

THUMBS DOWN ... for the women's ice hockey. Lemme get this straight. There's no checking allowed. Body contact is permitted, but only if defenders are playing the puck, and they aren't allowed to throw their hips or shoulders into opponents. Also, female hockey players are considerably slower and less talented than men's hockey players.

So to recap: Women's ice hockey is just like men's ice hockey, except the players are considerably slower and less talented, and there's no checking. Sounds like a winner. Gee, I can't believe it hasn't caught on professionally yet.

THUMBS DOWN ... for the women's ice hockey. Lemme get this straight. There's no checking allowed. Body contact is permitted, but only if defenders are playing the puck, and they aren't allowed to throw their hips or shoulders into opponents. Also, female hockey players are considerably slower and less talented than men's hockey players.

So to recap: Women's ice hockey is just like men's ice hockey, except the players are considerably slower and less talented, and there's no checking. Sounds like a winner. Gee, I can't believe it hasn't caught on professionally yet.

603201[/snapback]

It's the only hockey to watch for a few days. It's kinda sloppy, but I like to see how the local girls are doing for their country.

603201[/snapback]

It is a rich girl sport for trendy New England chicks before they start their careers on Wall Street or in white shoe law firms. Little wonder that it is only popular in certain parts of the US and Canada....and now with a few token teams from Northern Europe so we can call it an Olympic sport and jack up that US medal count. Yawn.

I was kidding about watching it. I should have put the 0:) or :D after my post. My bad.

603221[/snapback]

That's okay. I won't tell you that the US is up 5-3 in the 3rd. Ooopps. :blush:

It's obvious no one really gives a chit about them anyways.