• Yes, online only
    • Yes, offline only
    • Yes, online and offline
    • No, never/rarely

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are just going to play casually, there's alot of good sites to play at, I'd stick with the big ones (Party, Pstars, Paradise), because there's alot of shady ones popping up. IF your going to be a serious, Pstars for Tourneys, and Party Poker for cash games. I play about 15-20 hrs a week, 4 tables at a time @ 5/10 6 max. If you see me (midgetbowler), I advise you strongly to go to a different table.

If you are just going to play casually, there's alot of good sites to play at, I'd stick with the big ones (Party, Pstars, Paradise), because there's alot of shady ones popping up.  IF your going to be a serious, Pstars for Tourneys, and Party Poker for cash games.  I play about 15-20 hrs a week, 4 tables at a time @ 5/10 6 max.  If you see me (midgetbowler), I advise you strongly to go to a different table.

603745[/snapback]

Do you play on Pacific at all? If you're that good, I'd actually love to play against you. Why do you only play 6 max tourneys? Not much profit margin, is there?

Do you play on Pacific at all? If you're that good, I'd actually love to play against you. Why do you only play 6 max tourneys? Not much profit margin, is there?

603901[/snapback]

I play 6 max cash games, not tourneys. The basic reason for 6 max is that you get more hands/hr and the tables usually have worse players, more of the "action" junkies. I don't usually touch anything outside of party as I have a 20% rakeback deal (i.e. i get 20% of my rake back), which adds up when you play as much as I do. Also, its not that i'm "that good", its that the competition is "that bad"

I play 6 max cash games, not tourneys.  The basic reason for 6 max is that you get more hands/hr and the tables usually have worse players, more of the "action" junkies.  I don't usually touch anything outside of party as I have a 20% rakeback deal (i.e. i get 20% of my rake back), which adds up when you play as much as I do.  Also, its not that i'm "that good", its that the competition is "that bad"

603975[/snapback]

lol, I hear you there. I'm not a real strong tourney player, but I've gotten to the point with sit downs where I can almost rely on it as a secondary profit center. I definitely need to be willing to be a scrapper sometimes, but it's pretty rare anymore that I don't finish in the money. I still can't believe that I can sit here at my computer and pull cash off the internet, and then have it sent right to my bank account.

Safe to assume you're in the black month after month? What's a typical 30-day take for you?

lol, I hear you there. I'm not a real strong tourney player, but I've gotten to the point with sit downs where I can almost rely on it as a secondary profit center. I definitely need to be willing to be a scrapper sometimes, but it's pretty rare anymore that I don't finish in the money. I still can't believe that I can sit here at my computer and pull cash off the internet, and then have it sent right to my bank account.

Safe to assume you're in the black month after month? What's a typical 30-day take for you?

603997[/snapback]

Well, i'll just put it this way: 60/hr for playing, between 18-20 hr in rakeback.

What exactly is a rakeback and how does it work?

604357[/snapback]

Its probably not signifigant for the casual player. What happens is, in order to get players to play at their site, specifically, high volume players, many sites offer "rakeback", which is a % back of all the rake you pay. Some sites don't offically support it (such as Party Poker), but you can usually find an affiliate who is willing to give you some of your rake back in exchange for singing up with them. Some sites flat out don't offer it (Poker Stars) and others will use rakeback as their main lure (Absolute poker). For example, last month, I played around 50 hrs, I made 750, which is roughly $15/hr. I moved up limits this month, so I expect to make more/hr. I get this playing 4 tables at a time and at shorthanded tables, which mean more hands/hr, which mean more rake paid.

Its probably not signifigant for the casual player.  What happens is, in order to get players to play at their site, specifically, high volume players, many sites offer "rakeback", which is a % back of all the rake you pay.  Some sites don't offically support it (such as Party Poker), but you can usually find an affiliate who is willing to give you some of your rake back in exchange for singing up with them.  Some sites flat out don't offer it (Poker Stars) and others will use rakeback as their main lure (Absolute poker).  For example, last month, I played around 50 hrs, I made 750, which is roughly $15/hr.  I moved up limits this month, so I expect to make more/hr.  I get this playing 4 tables at a time and at shorthanded tables, which mean more hands/hr, which mean more rake paid.

604419[/snapback]

i got Ace Jack suited and i'm bringing you all in

are you man enough

I played in a tourney on FCP last night, my first time.  I enjoyed the set up.  I will be throwing some coin in there and giving it a longer look.

604796[/snapback]

I may check that one out myself....what did you like best about it, ahd where had you played before?

I may check that one out myself....what did you like best about it, ahd where had you played before?

604875[/snapback]

Party Poker and Bodog. I like the look and feel. I hate bodog, somehow I seem to call when i want to fold, it has something to do with the way the layout changes when it isn't your turn to when it is. I like PP but been cold there recently. The one thing I'm not sure about is the bonus structure on FCP. I'll have to look into that further.

Party Poker and Bodog.  I like the look and feel.  I hate bodog, somehow I seem to call when i want to fold, it has something to do with the way the layout changes when it isn't your turn to when it is.  I like PP but been cold there recently.  The one thing I'm not sure about is the bonus structure on FCP.  I'll have to look into that further.

604892[/snapback]

Very cool....will you make another post after you've had a chance to check it out? I'm a big fan of Negranu, and I trust he probably has a pretty cool site. I'd love to hear what you think of it.