(OT) Do the idiots running the NHL realize ...

I can think of 5 teams from the get go that would be canned ahead of the Sabres.

Phoenix

Columbus

Minnesota

Nashville

Carolina

Get rid of these teams. It helps consolidate the NHL more in Canada where the bigger interest is. Then, contract the schedule to maybe 72 or 65 games - make playoff games best of 5, not 7 - and the wildcars are best of 1.

44134[/snapback]

I agree with all of those except Minnesota.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked back in to read this thread... I botched the "quote" function, but one of you guys had a great line:

-

- "Put a team like we had in the 70's on the ice, and they'll sell-out every game again!"

-

- Oh, man ... I'd settle for having just one guy like Perreault. I remember his rookie year, there were seven guys on the roster who could boast six-foot height and over 200 pounds .... The six defensemen, and Gilbert. Remember him dropping Dave Maloney his rookie year with one punch. No one ever challenged him again. What a specimen, and such raw skaiting power. He was the greatest passer and stick handler I ever saw (until Gretzky came along) too ...

"Put a team like we had in the 70's on the ice, and they'll sell-out every game again!"

-

- Oh, man ... I'd settle for having just one guy like Perreault. I remember his rookie year, there were seven guys on the roster who could boast six-foot height and over 200 pounds .... The six defensemen, and Gilbert. Remember him dropping Dave Maloney his rookie year with one punch. No one ever challenged him again. What a specimen, and such raw skaiting power. He was the greatest passer and stick handler I ever saw (until Gretzky came along) too ...

50298[/snapback]

The NHL ownership through their various commissioners (and lately the great satan - Bettman) built a giant Ponzi scheme to generate expansion fees while diluting the talent pool to a level of mediocrity approached by the UB Bulls football team.

Both sides want the lockout as a show of strength - the players have no leverage and the owners lose less money by NOT playing !

Who loses ? The public. Plaese support your local minor league team ;)

3. Put in the tag up offsides rule. It speeds up the game exponentially with NO downside.

44518[/snapback]

Can you explain this rule you suggest?

52314[/snapback]

Well I didn't suggest it but here is the explanation:

If all the players on the team that is offside clear the offensive zone they are no longer offside and play continues. Currently it's still offside until the defensive team carries the puck out of their zone.

The rule was used a few years back but was eliminated because people were saying that it caused too many dump ins - teams would dump the puck in before their teammates were onside. Not sure where I stand on this rule.