Pats have wiped DB from their history books??

LabattBlue

I looked through all the history. I noticed Bledsoe's name once in the 2000 season for becoming the Patriots all-time passer. I didn't see Brady's name once, oversight or intentional?

I looked through all the history.  I noticed Bledsoe's name once in the 2000 season for becoming the Patriots all-time passer.  I didn't see Brady's name once, oversight or intentional?

43932[/snapback]

What does that have to do with anything? I just found it strange that Bledsoe wasn't mentioned by name once.

You are implying that Bledsoe has been erased from Patriot history. He is noted for becoming the all-time leading passer in 2000. As for Brady, he's led the team to two superbowls, won two superbowl mvp's, and led the league in td's one season and there is no mention of him anywhere. My point is how can you imply Bledsoe has been erased from the history, when there is no mention of the most celebrated player in it's history?

Not a single mention of him from this Patriot history.  Oversight or intentional???

http://www.patriots.com/history/

43925[/snapback]

More stretching the facts to warrant bashing Bledsoe.

His name is mentioned at least 4 times in the link that YOU provided. And I only scratched the surface of that site page. Give it a rest. Is there no limit to the

stevetojan that you guys try to dredge up or exaggerate to make your point.

You don't like Bledsoe.

We get it.

You are implying that Bledsoe has been erased from Patriot history.  He is noted for becoming the all-time leading passer in 2000.  As for Brady, he's led the team to two superbowls, won two superbowl mvp's, and led the league in td's one season and there is no mention of him anywhere.  My point is how can you imply Bledsoe has been erased from the history, when there is no mention of the most celebrated player in it's history?

43940[/snapback]

Let me help you out here...at the top of your browser window click on edit and then click on find. Enter Bledsoe and see how many times his name shows up. It doesn't show up at all in this particular chronology of the Pats. WTF part don't you understand??? Is it a reading comprehension problem you are having tonight???

Professional football arrived in New England on November 16, 1959, when a group of local businessmen, led by former public relations executive William H. “Billy” Sullivan, Jr. was awarded the eighth and final franchise in the new American Football League. One week later, Northwestern University running back Ron Burton was selected as the franchise’s first draft choice and Syracuse running back Gerhardt Schwedes was selected as the team’s first territorial choice.

Three key personnel decisions were made in the winter of 1960. First, former Boston College head coach Mike Holovak was named director of player personnel. Ed McKeever was hired as the team’s first general manager and he selected Lou Saban as the team’s first head coach.

One of the first orders of business of the management group was giving the franchise a name and that was accomplished through a public contest. Thousands of entries were submitted to name the team and 74 fans suggested the winning name, the Boston Patriots. Shortly after the franchise name was chosen, Boston Globe artist Phil Bissell drew a cartoon of a Minuteman preparing to snap a football and owner Sullivan liked the drawing so much that he selected “Pat Patriot” as the team logo. On April 1, 1960, Boston University Field — the former home of the Boston Braves — was selected as the first home of the Boston Patriots.

The organization’s first training camp opened on July 4, 1960 at University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Approximately 350 players reported to the opening of camp, including a large contingent from Boston College. This group would be trimmed to 35 for the start of the regular season. The team’s first preseason game was held on July 30 and the Patriots defeated the Buffalo Bills 28-7 at War Memorial Stadium Buffalo. Patriots defensive end Bob Dee recovered a fumble during the game and scored the AFL’s first touchdown. The first “home” game was held two weeks later before 11,000 fans at Harvard Stadium and the Pats lost 24-14 to the Dallas Texans. The team’s regular season home opener came on September 9 and 21,597 fans at Boston University field watched the team lose to the Denver Broncos 13-10.

The 1963 season saw the Patriots move to Fenway Park for home games, where they claimed their first division crown with a 7-6-1 record. The team lost the AFL title game, 51-10, to the San Diego Chargers.

A number of Patriots players emerged as stars in the AFL during the 1960s, including wide receiver and kicker Gino Cappelletti, running back Jim Nance, quarterback Babe Parilli, linebacker Nick Buoniconti, defensive linemen Houston Antwine, Bob Dee, Larry Eisenhauer and Jim Lee Hunt and center Jon Morris

In 1970, after a decade of playing at five different sites, including Boston University Field, Harvard Stadium, Fenway Park, Boston College Alumni Stadium and Legion Field in Birmingham, AL (1968), the Patriots selected Foxboro as the new home of the team. In March 1971, the team was renamed the New England Patriots. On August 15,1971, the Patriots played their first game at Schaefer Stadium in Foxboro, defeating the New York Giants 20-14 before a crowd of 60,423 in a preseason contest.

In 1976, the Patriots earned a wild-card playoff berth, but lost to the eventual Super Bowl Champion Oakland Raiders, 24-21. In 1978, the Patriots won their first outright division title in franchise history, but lost to the Houston Oilers on Dec. 31, 31-14, in the first playoff game ever at Foxboro Stadium. During the 1970s several Patriots were regarded to be among the most outstanding players in the league in their positions, including offensive guard John Hannah, cornerback Mike Haynes and tight end Russ Francis.

In 1982, Foxboro Schaefer Stadium was renamed Sullivan Stadium in honor of the Patriots owner. In 1985, the Patriots gained a wild-card berth in the playoffs and went on to defeat the New York Jets, Los Angeles Raiders and the Miami Dolphins to win their first AFC Championship and a trip to Super Bowl XX. Unfortunately, the Patriots faced one of the dominant teams of the ’80s as the Chicago Bears shuffled to a 46-10 Super Bowl victory. Following that season, Patriot greats John Hannah and Julius Adams retired.

On July 28, 1988, Remington Products, Inc. Chief Executive Officer Victor Kiam purchased the Patriots from the Sullivan family and retained the team for four years.

In 1990, the Patriots' home field was renamed Foxboro Stadium and the following season natural grass was installed in the stadium for the first time by the stadium’s new owner, Boston businessman Robert K. Kraft. On July 27 1991, Hannah became the first Patriot to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.

In 1992, St. Louis businessman James B. Orthwein purchased controlling interest of the Patriots and made some dramatic changes, both on and off the field. In 1993, he hired former New York Giants head coach Bill Parcells and a new coaching staff. In addition, he also made some cosmetic changes that spring with the unveiling of a new Patriots logo and the change of primary color from red to blue.

On January 21, 1994, Robert K. Kraft became the franchise’s fourth owner when he purchased the team from Orthwein, saving the team from a possible move outside of New England. On May 12, 1994, linebacker Andre Tippett moved from the field to the front office when he announced his retirement. That season, the Patriots closed out the season with a seven-game winning streak to qualify for their first playoff berth since the 1986 season. The Patriots lost to the Cleveland Browns 20-13 in the wild-card playoff game. In 1995, the Patriots produced three Pro Bowl players, including Rookie of the Year running back Curtis Martin. Off the field, the Patriots became the only NFL team to publish an all-color team newspaper Patriots Football Weekly and to launch their own web site— www.patriots.com.

The Patriots continued their rise during a memorable 1996 season, winning the AFC Championship and returning to the Super Bowl for the second time in team history. The Patriots finished 11-5 and scored two home playoff wins, 28-3 vs. Pittsburgh and 20-6 vs. Jacksonville, winning the AFC Championship in front of a sold out Foxboro Stadium crowd. The Patriots were defeated by the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XXXI, 35-21. The game was the fourth most-watched program in television history attracting some 128,900,000 viewers.

On Feb. 3, 1997, the Patriots hired Pete Carroll as their 13th head coach. In his first season in New England, the Patriots defended their AFC East Division title with a 7-1 record in the division and a 10-6 overall record. It was the Patriots’ first back-to-back division titles in franchise history. The Patriots defeated the Miami Dolphins 17-3 in the AFC Wild Card playoffs, extending their playoff home winning streak to three games.

On Sept. 7, 1998, the Patriots became the first professional sports team to produce their own live postgame show to be broadcast live only on the Internet. “Patriots Live!”, debuted following their season-opening Monday Night Football game at Denver. The Patriots continue to be the only team to produce their own nightly video cybercast on the Internet, “Patriots Video News.”

The Patriots finished 9-7 in 1998 and qualified for the playoffs, marking the third consecutive season they have made the postseason - a team record.

The ‘99 season was the sixth consecutive season that the Patriots have sold out every game prior to the start of the season. Demand for tickets has never been higher. The Patriots established a new sales record by selling out every regular season game for the 1999 season in just 90 minutes. In addition, the waiting list for season tickets has now grown in excess of 35,000 fans. The Patriots have sold-out a franchise record 61 consecutive games (through the 1999 season).

A new era began in Patriots history in 2000 when the team unveiled designs for their new stadium. The new 68,436-seat facility opened in May, 2002 and celebrated its Grand Opening on Sept. 9, 2002.

When Kraft purchased the Patriots, he promised the fans of New England that he would bring home a championship, and in his first 10 years of ownership, he delivered not just one, but two titles to New England.

The Patriots began the most prosperous era in team history when Kraft hired Bill Belichick as the club’s 14th head coach on Jan. 27, 2000. After taking a year to implement his system, Belichick molded the Patriots into one of the NFL’s elite teams. He led the Patriots to the best record in the league over a three-year span from 2001-03 (40-14), en route to winning two Super Bowl titles in those three seasons.

The Patriots capped off an 11-5 regular season in 2001 with three playoff wins for the ages and the first Super Bowl title in team history. In the divisional round of the playoffs, the Patriots defeated the Oakland Raiders 16-13 in overtime during a driving snowstorm in the final game at Foxboro Stadium. Adam Vinatieri kicked a 45-yard field goal to tie the game late in regulation and then added a 23-yard kick in overtime to win, 16-13. The following week in Pittsburgh, the Patriots defeated the favored Steelers 24-17 in the AFC Championship Game to advance to their third Super Bowl.

In Super Bowl XXXVI at the Superdome in New Orleans on Feb. 3, 2002, the Patriots defeated the St. Louis Rams, 20-17, in one of the most dramatic Super Bowl finishes in history. After the Patriots took a 17-3 lead into the fourth quarter, St. Louis rallied to tie the game at 17. But quarterback Tom Brady marched the Patriots into Vinatieri's field goal range and his 48-yard kick sailed through the uprights as time expired to give New England its first NFL Championship. The Patriots were welcomed home with a rally in Boston attended by nearly 1.5 million people and took the Lombardi Trophy to rallies in all of the New England states.

In 2002, the Patriots celebrated the opening of their world-class new home, Gillette Stadium. In the Grand Opening on Sept. 9, the Super Bowl XXXVI banner was unveiled as the Patriots defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers, 30-14, before a national audience on Monday Night Football.

In 2003, just two seasons after winning its first Super Bowl, New England put together one of the finest seasons in pro football history, finishing with a 17-2 record and a victory in Super Bowl XXXVIII. After posting a 2-2 record in September, the Patriots became the first NFL team in 31 years to close the season with 15 consecutive wins, including three playoff victories. After fighting through a rash of injuries and finishing the regular-season with a franchise-best and league-leading 14-2 record, the Patriots produced another memorable three-game playoff run culminating in a championship.

In the divisional round of the 2003 playoffs, the Patriots defeated the Tennessee Titans 17-14 in the first playoff game at Gillette Stadium in the coldest game in team history (four degrees at kickoff). The next week, New England hosted the AFC Championship Game for the second time in team history and dispatched the Indianapolis Colts and league co-MVP Peyton Manning, 24-14, to claim their third conference title in eight years and advance to the Super Bowl for the fourth time in team history.

Two years after winning Super Bowl XXXVI in dramatic fashion, the Patriots saw fit to thrill their fans in a similar way with a 32-29 win over the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII on Feb. 1, 2004 at Reliant Stadium in Houston Texas. In the game, New England jumped out to a 21-10 fourth-quarter lead, but Carolina rallied to take a 22-21 lead, then answered the Patriots’ counterpunch by tying the game at 29 with just 1:08 left in the game. But Brady once again showed grace under pressure in driving the Patriots down the field and Vinatieri’s clutch 41-yard boot with four seconds left gave the Patriots a 32-29 victory and their second Super Bowl title in three seasons.

More stretching the facts to warrant bashing Bledsoe.

His name is mentioned at least 4 times in the link that YOU provided. And I only scratched the surface of that site page.  Give it a rest.  Is there no limit to the

stevetojan that you guys try to dredge up or exaggerate to make your point.

You don't like Bledsoe.

We get it.

43947[/snapback]

Where am I bashing Bledsoe in this thread? Lighten up!

PS I cut and pasted the text for the other reading challenged person in this thread. Please tell me where you see his name??

Guest Go2Montana
Not a single mention of him from this Patriot history.  Oversight or intentional???

http://www.patriots.com/history/

43925[/snapback]

Heck they've wiped Parcells out too. What a joke. I hate Parcells, but DB and BP put that franchise back on the map. I'm from Boston. BB bashes bledsoe in the new Mike Holley book too. Not surprised. Brilliant guy with a really resentful nasty streak. :lol:

Heck they've wiped Parcells out too.  What a joke.  I hate Parcells, but DB and BP put that franchise back on the map.  I'm from Boston.  BB bashes bledsoe in the new Mike Holley book too.  Not surprised.  Brilliant guy with a really resentful nasty streak. :lol:

43954[/snapback]

That was my point. One of the most storied players in Patriot history and you can't mention him by name once??

Where am I bashing Bledsoe in this thread?  Lighten up!

PS I cut and pasted the text for the other reading challenged person in this thread.  Please tell me where you see his name??

43949[/snapback]

It's all throughout the link my friend, as others have pointed out.

It's on the EXACT link page you gave. Because it's not on one of the

page triggers doesn't mean its not in the history of the individual years on the

EXACT link you gave.

Hey, did you know that if you rearrange the letters B-L-E-D-S-O-E

it spells SATAN?

And all the hurricanes coming out of the Caribbean? That f'n Bledsoe.

It's all throughout the link my friend, as others have pointed out.

It's on the EXACT link page you gave. Because it's not on one of the

page triggers doesn't mean its not in the history of the individual years on the

EXACT link you gave.

Hey, did you know that if you rearrange the letters B-L-E-D-S-O-E

it spells SATAN?

And all the hurricanes coming out of the Caribbean? That f'n Bledsoe.

43960[/snapback]

Did you see the text I cut and pasted??? That is the chronology I am talking about. How much more simpler can I make it. Why do you think this is Bledsoe bashing??

I'm done.

Did you see the text I cut and pasted???  That is the chronology I am talking about.  How much more simpler can I make it.  Why do you think this is Bledsoe bashing??

I'm done.

43963[/snapback]

No Jim Plunkett, Steve Grogan, hell they skipped 6 years at a time here and there.

It is not meant to be an all inclusive history. Obviously they dwell on the Super Bowl years.

However, noodle around that site regarding the playoff years and you'll find Bledsoe's name all over the site. They haven't "wiped DB from their history books".

Do you work for CBS?