Louise Slaughter - Fairness Act

OnTheRocks

... that dolt who nearly got killed in Iraq as "conservatives".

600486[/snapback]

Actually, Bob Woodruff was a high-powered corporate attorney before he got thralled into the news world and stayed b/c he liked reporting. I don't know and wouldn't hazard a guess as to his personal politics.

He got caught in the IED b/c he was there to report on the progress of the Iraqi military. Some say he was stupid for not riding in the U.S. vehicles that had armor.... But when you're doing a story about Iraqis, you ride with the Iraqis. Wrong place, wrong time. It takes some stones to go over there w/o a weapon just so people back home can see in the scant time he's got to do his story what 1/1,000,000,000 of the Iraq situation is like. And really, that's what any reporter is doing over there. Need to combine them all to get a clearer picture, and even then it's not complete by a long shot but they're not Superman.

Actually, Bob Woodruff was a high-powered corporate attorney before he got thralled into the news world and stayed b/c he liked reporting. I don't know and wouldn't hazard a guess as to his personal politics.

He got caught in the IED b/c he was there to report on the progress of the Iraqi military. Some say he was stupid for not riding in the U.S. vehicles that had armor.... But when you're doing a story about Iraqis, you ride with the Iraqis. Wrong place, wrong time. It takes some stones to go over there w/o a weapon just so people back home can see in the scant time he's got to do his story what 1/1,000,000,000 of the Iraq situation is like. And really, that's what any reporter is doing over there. Need to combine them all to get a clearer picture, and even then it's not complete by a long shot but they're not Superman.

600706[/snapback]

He got hurt because he stuck his head out of the vehicle along with his cameraman to get a photo-op. The Iraqi soldiers were smart and stayed inside the vehicle.

So is this whole discussion, so what, but it is part of the Congresswoman's official duties under the speach and debate clause of the Constitution, not as part of her campaign, which in today's day and age is about fundraising.  Didn't see any fundraising info attached.

As far as DCCC, I haven't checked, but unlikely, Dems are not the organized.  I could see it if were the RNC.  Besides if were DCCC, it would not be allowed on her Public website.

Besides, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to create something like that, just a young underpaid staffer who is web savy and has a digital tape deck or video camera.  Pretty simple actually.

600704[/snapback]

Sorry, misread your text, it belongs on the DCCCs website, it is about legislation, so technically it belongs on her official website and as long as it doesn't name a specific political party, historical facts and public statments concerning the legislation is okay too.

The left and right scales skirt the line, but they don't name anything but actual ideological perpective as related to the issue in the here an now.

Check out some Republican sites, they use the terms liberal and conservative all the time and she doesn't violate House rules by naming any current Member therefore, it is not campaign related and is part of the speech and debate envisioned in the Constitution. The form is somewhat creative, but compared to some of the right wing crap I have seen on this Administration's website, and other Congressman and Senators websites it is pretty tame.