Seattle Fans Petition

millbank

I'd be happy if Bills fans would.    :blush:

596975[/snapback]

Most here are NOT whining... Just trying to get the truth out that EVERYBODY finally saw yesterday.

Like I said, Let's Give It To 'Em lives in obscurity. This DOESN'T. We as Bills' fans know all too well. Who better to spread the message?

People just don't want to hear the truth, they can't handle the truth about the NFL and about a game that MOSTLY impartial fans are calling a farce.

That is the truth of the matter.

This game HELPS the Bills. If MHolmgren and the Seahawks were actually blackballed (as the NFL memo suggests) who else out there is this happening to?

I have a lot of confidence that Buffalo is on the fast track to this treatment (that being because of the Bills' fiscally SOUND ownership that doesn't have to be protected by the NFL).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People just don't want to hear the truth, they can't handle the truth about the NFL and about a game that MOSTLY impartial fans are calling a farce.

That is the truth of the matter.

597167[/snapback]

The only truth of the matter is that until you replace the humans in the game with robots, there will always be judgement calls, errors etc. And I doubt many fans would be interested in watching those machines either.

People wait an entire lifetime in some cases to see their team in Superbowl, the current officials while they do their best are composed of retired business people , fireman ect. I do not want such people deciding the most import games my team perhaps will ever play in my life time.

Its simply way past the time for professional full time officials.

People wait an entire lifetime in some cases to see their team in Superbowl, the current officials while they do their best are composed of retired business people , fireman ect.    I do not want such people deciding the most import games my team perhaps will ever play in my life time.

Its simply way past the time for professional full time officials.

597327[/snapback]

Yep, like MLB, NHL and NBA refs never make questionable calls. Last time I checked, they had the same DNA as the NFL guys.

There are excellent refs like Ed Hochuli, Mike Carey, Johnny Greer, etc. And there are guys who are less impressive as well. Just like in real life.

BTW, here's an article on how NFL refs prepare for games. I'm not an apoligist for the NFL but these guys don't just sit around playing Madden '06 all week.

I stand by what I said, you of course have every right to disagree. You have made your point you are happy with what we have, that the NFL be the only major professional league without professional full-time officials.

Yep, like MLB, NHL and NBA refs never make questionable calls.  Last time I checked, they had the same DNA as the NFL guys. 

There are excellent refs like Ed Hochuli, Mike Carey, Johnny Greer, etc.  And there are guys who are less impressive as well.  Just like in real life. 

BTW, here's an article on how NFL refs prepare for games.  I'm not an apoligist for the NFL but these guys don't just sit around playing Madden '06 all week.

597392[/snapback]

I stand by what I said, you of course have every right to disagree.  You have made your point you are happy with what we have,  that the NFL be the only major professional league without professional full-time officials.

597410[/snapback]

OK, we'll disagree. I think full-time refs are a panecea, just like full-time legislators. :blush:

Controversial calls are still gonna happen.

The current issue of officials at this past Superbowl is a shame. reality is that poor sports or jealous folk are always going to look for reason to down the efforts of those who have won. Its got to stink and be most aggravating for Steeler fans and I hope football fans who want to be respectfull to the winner to hear the current thoughts that the referees decided this past game. Giving reasons of incompetence to flat out cheating, the talk can get silly. Truth is some folks are going to say this stuff in any case, and that does get tiresome, and will not change professional refereees or otherwise. But for the majority of people easily 90% of folks watching these past playoffs were and are most disappointed in the huge effect calls have played in the results, all concerned deseve the very best possible officials deciding the rules of the game.

The issue isnt the current men arent not fine people doing their best, the issue is the game needs better, and finding a way to make them better hardly should be a matter of dispute. Like anything else, if one focuses on what the do and dedicates 100% of their effort rather than part of their effort , no matter how earnest that effort be, better one devote their 100% than part, thus full time officials better than part time. imo

The current issue of officials at this past Superbowl is a shame. reality is that poor sports or jealous folk are always going to look for reason to down the efforts of those who have won.  Its got to stink and be most aggravating for Steeler fans and I hope football fans who want to be respectfull to the winner to hear the current thoughts that the referees decided this past game.  Giving reasons of incompetence to flat out cheating,  the talk can get silly.  Truth is some folks are going to say this stuff in any case, and that does get tiresome, and will not change professional refereees or otherwise.  But for the majority of people easily 90% of folks watching these past playoffs were and are most disappointed in the huge effect calls have played in the results, all concerned deseve the very best possible officials deciding the rules of the game. 

The issue isnt the current men arent not fine people doing their best, the issue is the game needs better, and finding a way to make them better hardly should be a matter of dispute.  Like anything else, if one focuses on what the do and  dedicates 100% of their effort rather than part of their effort , no matter how earnest that effort be, better one devote their 100% than part, thus full time officials better than part time. imo

597533[/snapback]

If the reffing is poor in general, and both teams get screwed equally, then it all comes out in the wash. When only one team gets screwed (read that Seattle), then there is a problem that the league has to clean up.