As per the Simoncast, BILLS NEWS...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens so often that it almost makes you paranoid, and too embarrassed to talk about it with anybody out of fear that they might call you crazy :-)

Last time I can recall was the Philly game last year with 5 or 6 admitted phantom penalties. Like 4 of them ended drives.

43458[/snapback]

Yep, on one particular drive there were 2 phantom penalties that kept Philly drives alive that led to a FG.

And on the first possession, Schobel was tackled RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PLAY on a long McNabb scramble with no holding call. It WASN'T POSSIBLE to miss it, yet they catch a phantom hold on a punt that had no affect on the play. While a certain amount of human error is to be expected, it's just not believable that a group of paid professionals can be so woefully inconsistent and one sided.

jackass.  yes i can read.  i wanted an actual link not "the radio said this... blah... blah..."  but please insult fellow Bills fans any chance u get..... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

43500[/snapback]

UMM...YOU ARE THE JACKASS..How is he supposed to put a link up? sheesh

UMM...YOU ARE THE JACKASS..How is he supposed to put a link up?  sheesh

43525[/snapback]

All guests are jackasses. I figured someone may have read it elsewhere, but I guess the Simoncast is the only source. People say alot of stevestojan that isn't true on here and I thought if it was actually WRITTEN somewhere it would help me (and others) believe it a little more.

Those were some horrible calls, especially the safety call where the refs seemed to make up a new rule in their conference in the endzone.

But doesn't it seem like the Bills have been the object of misfortune too many times over the last couple of years? Kind of like a geek who keeps taking a beating from the school bully, but won't fight back?

Point is, it's time for this team to nut up. I don't remember Jim Kelly's Bills getting beat by bad calls or by "miracle" plays.

If that team got a bad break, they had the mentality to overcome it and still win the game.

It's time for this team to grow the hell up. We all blame Bledsoe (justifiably), but it's also time for Henry and Moulds to start making big plays. Jennings and Williams need to start imposing their will on defenses.

Spikes, Clemments, and Fletcher need to turn the ball over on the road. Schoebel needs to get sacks when the game's on the line.

And the coaches need to stop their timid playcalling.

Teams that stand around waiting for the next guy to make a play are succeptable to bad calls and big plays against.

It's time for the Bills "stars" to stop standing around, and start making plays.

Those were some horrible calls, especially the safety call where the refs seemed to make up a new rule in their conference in the endzone.

But doesn't it seem like the Bills have been the object of misfortune too many times over the last couple of years?  Kind of like a geek who keeps taking a beating from the school bully, but won't fight back?

Point is, it's time for this team to nut up.  I don't remember Jim Kelly's Bills getting beat by bad calls or by "miracle" plays.

If that team got a bad break, they had the mentality to overcome it and still win the game.

It's time for this team to grow the hell up. We all blame Bledsoe (justifiably), but it's also time for Henry and Moulds to start making big plays.  Jennings and Williams need to start imposing their will on defenses.

Spikes, Clemments, and Fletcher need to turn the ball over on the road.  Schoebel needs to get sacks when the game's on the line.

And the coaches need to stop their timid playcalling. 

Teams that stand around waiting for the next guy to make a play are succeptable to bad calls and big plays against.

It's time for the Bills "stars" to stop standing around, and start making plays.

43549[/snapback]

stevestojantty calls are stevestojantty calls PERIOD. I could give a flying leap about "we need to overcome them." The Patsies won 2 SB's thanks to stevestojantty officiating; all I'm asking for is a couple close games here or there.

It happens every week and the NFL does nothing to stop it. I knew that was a safety, and the ref made up the part on the spot too about the hold "beginning" at the one-yard line and saying that's where the ball should be placed.

43761[/snapback]

To bad the ball wasnt placed there....Half the distance from the goal which only set them back 3 yards.....Yea that penalty really hurt dem...Bottom line the REF's for some unknown reason decided to make up there own rules....

Bottom line teams have home field advantage for a reason beyoand just the 12th man.......

Thats a Safety in Buffalo but not in Oakland....

Its a lateral pass in Tennessee, in Buffalo its forward...

Brady fumble in championship if in Oakland, in New England the "Tuck rule"....

Can we find out what crew did that game? Send mail or email of what we think of their job performance. Ugh! Who hires these morons, they have no feel for the game.

43802[/snapback]

Officials

Referee: Mike Carey (94)

Line Judge: Mark Perlman (9)

Field Judge: Buddy Horton (82)

Umpire: Dan Ferrell (64)

Side Judge: Tom Fincken (47)

Head Linesman: Steve Stelljes (22)

Back Judge: Keith Ferguson (61)

Replay Official: Tommy Moore ()

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

280 PARK AVE FL 12W

NEW YORK, NY 10017

Phone: (212) 450-2000

stevestojantty calls are stevestojantty calls PERIOD.  I could give a flying leap about "we need to overcome them."  The Patsies won 2 SB's thanks to stevestojantty officiating; all I'm asking for is a couple close games here or there.

43596[/snapback]

Yeah, and they have a field goal kicker who can nail it from more than 40 yards, in a blizzard. The Bills don't.

They have a DC that knows how to stop 3rd and 4th and longs. Jerry Gray doesn't know how to do this.

They turn the ball over at key times in a game. No turnovers for the Bills in Oakland.

They make big plays on the road. The Bills don't.

Sure stevestojantty calls are stevestojantty calls. There's no way to dispute them or even stop them from happening.

But the best defense against stevestojantty calls is to play a solid game and build a lead. Once the Bills commit to this, they'll take the refs out of the game.

Yeah, and they have a field goal kicker who can nail it from more than 40 yards, in a blizzard.  The Bills don't.

They have a DC that knows how to stop 3rd and 4th and longs.  Jerry Gray doesn't know how to do this.

They turn the ball over at key times in a game.  No turnovers for the Bills in Oakland.

They make big plays on the road.  The Bills don't.

Sure stevestojantty calls are stevestojantty calls.  There's no way to dispute them or even stop them from happening. 

But the best defense against stevestojantty calls is to play a solid game and build a lead.  Once the Bills commit to this, they'll take the refs out of the game.

43826[/snapback]

Teams are so evenly matched that the refs should NEVER be part of the equation. Anyway you slice it, losing at least 9 points, likely 12 points, and possibly 16 points in a game you lose by 3 is inconscionable, period.

Guest Guest_jad1_*
Teams are so evenly matched that the refs should NEVER be part of the equation.  Anyway you slice it, losing at least 9 points, likely 12 points, and possibly 16 points in a game you lose by 3 is inconscionable, period.

43836[/snapback]

You could say the same about giving up 7 sacks in 1 game, giving up a TD on 3rd and forever, fumbling in the red zone, missing 40 yard kicks, giving up 3 4th down conversions on one drive, and failing to hammer it in on the goaline.

The Bills are soft. They need to realize that they lost that game, not the refs. They're not going to win the next game if they play the same way, but have better refs.

If the team put up a better effort, I would join those blaming the refs. These aren't the 'circle the wagon' Bills, they're turning into the "find any excuse" Bills.