China radar at South Pole...

I would shudder if convincing the UN is the benchmark. :lol:

No need to worry about blame if WW III is uncorked...who is left?

A quote from Albert Einstein:

"I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will

be fought with sticks and stones."

I certainly understand your unease about any possibility of any militarization of the Ancarctic continent.  I share it.  And good of you to combat certain posters that want to browbeat and ridicule you when you want to discuss such subjects. It's nice to learn new things, but education delivered by spearpoint is less than charming - if you get my drift. :lol:  :lol:

598700[/snapback]

Thanks, My skin has grown quite thick over the years here.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you mean by this

598702[/snapback]

Tangent to the earth’s surface, Think of a clown (like Tom) balancing on a plank on a large beech ball. The plank represents your line of site if Tom leans to one side (angle to the horizon), before falling off; the plank will be over the equator of the ball in high orbit so you can track or disrupt the geo-obiter 360 degrees around the globe from the south pole.

who said looking through a planet? not me, tangent maybe. 

Polar obiter passes over the South Pole after one revolution around the earth every time, no other point on earth except the North Pole is this possible.  Also a South Pole platform provides small advantage since the platform is on the earth’s axis you don’t have to correct for the spin of the earth when tracking and or targeting.

598655[/snapback]

Let me try this again...

DPS SATTELITES ARE IN GEOSYNCHRONOUS ORBIT.

That's DPS. Not SBIRS. DPS. The difference is, DPS satellites exists. SBIRS don't. :lol:

Tangent to the earth’s surface, Think of a clown (like Tom) balancing on a plank on a large beech ball.  The plank represents your line of site if Tom leans to one side (angle to the horizon), before falling off; the plank will be over the equator of the ball in high orbit so you can track or disrupt the geo-obiter 360 degrees around the globe from the south pole.

598737[/snapback]

What?

That made no sense. Not verbally. Not even geometrically. It violates virtually every rule of Cartesian geometry that the rest of us learned in 10th grade.

Tangent to the earth’s surface, Think of a clown (like Tom) balancing on a plank on a large beech ball.  The plank represents your line of site if Tom leans to one side (angle to the horizon), before falling off; the plank will be over the equator of the ball in high orbit so you can track or disrupt the geo-obiter 360 degrees around the globe from the south pole.

598737[/snapback]

It is simply not possible draw a line tangent to the pole that will intersect any point at the equator. All line tangent to the pole have to lie on a plane tangent to the pole and normal to the axis of the sphere.

Your analogy fails beause as soon at Tom leans to one side, the plank will no longer be in contact with the pole but would be in contact with (and tangent to) some other point on the ball.

Being a ghost, I thought I had finally graduated from purgatory.

Then I read this thread.

598780[/snapback]

But if you put a board across the South Pole, and a clown stands on it and leans to one side...does the board go through purgatory on its way to the the equator? :lol:

Loved the part in the QDR about the plans for our polar anti-satellite laser base, too.

But if you put a board across the South Pole, and a clown stands on it and leans to one side...does the board go through purgatory on its way to the the equator?  :lol:

Loved the part in the QDR about the plans for our polar anti-satellite laser base, too.

598784[/snapback]

Well, as you have published and your publishings have been futher referenced by others on whatever you geeks call orbital mechanics and astronomy stuff, I definitely defer to you on that part.

Since I look at simpler issues, I haven't run across anyone who gives a sh--. The Chinese have a hell of a lot more on the ball than that.

I think Newbie is talking about putting a geosynchronous satellite over the pole, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE. Geosynchronous satellites rotate around the earth, they just take 24 hrs to do so.

I think Newbie is talking about putting a geosynchronous satellite over the pole, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE. Geosynchronous satellites rotate around the earth, they just take 24 hrs to do so.

598825[/snapback]

But can they see through the earth, like a laser at the South Pole?

Hell...why don't we just orbit a laser, then? Then it'll orbit THROUGH the earth! Just like a clown leaning to one side on a piece of wood! :lol::lol::lol:

But if you put a board across the South Pole, and a clown stands on it and leans to one side...does the board go through purgatory on its way to the the equator?  :lol:

598784[/snapback]

It all depends, is this clown named Euclid, or Dante?

Admission of typo.  New clown shoes for standing on my board watching satellites at the equator.  :lol:

599416[/snapback]

I believe it was Archimedes that said: , 'If you give me a lever and a place to stand, I bet you I can balance a retard rodeo clown on the south pole."

Or at least I think that's what he said.

I believe it was Archimedes that said: , 'If you give me a lever and a place to stand, I bet you I can balance a retard rodeo clown on the south pole."

Or at least I think that's what he said.

599430[/snapback]

Unless the Chinese get there first with a big-ass laser that can shoot through the earth, in which case we'd all better learn to use chopsticks because we're !@#$ed... :lol::lol::lol: