Robert James

Toledo Bill

I saw the short article on the Stadium Wall about Robert James. The Bills have a great history of outstanding cornerbacks but none compare to James. I still remember his career ending knee injury. For those old enough to remember him, I'm sure you agree... a true "shut down corner".

I saw the short article on the Stadium Wall about Robert James. The Bills have a great history of outstanding cornerbacks but none compare to James. I still remember his career ending knee injury. For those old enough to remember him, I'm sure you agree... a true "shut down corner".

590692[/snapback]

Wasn't he returning an interception in a preseason road game against Green Bay?

Seems I heard somewhere, that his play was the cause of the making of bump 'n run coverage illegal.  Dunno...

He was a remarkable cb, for sure.

590787[/snapback]

That's right. He was great at bump and run and after they changed the rules, in every game he played the announcers would never fail to mention how great a corner he was before the rule change and how he was hamstrung after it. He would get more than his share of flags for interference because his rep on the bump and run was so well known. Refs assumed he was still bumping.

Wasn't he returning an interception in a preseason road game against Green Bay?

590924[/snapback]

Great recall... I remember the interception and that it was preseason, but did not remember the opponenet. When he got hit... you just knew his career was done... what a shame.