they just keep getting bigger and bigger

meazza

275 ??? IS that  the limit  for Jerome Bettis ..???

590291[/snapback]

heh

it is not healthy to be over 300 pounds whether or not you are in shape, you are putting heavy strain on the heart. The only way they can keep these players from croaking at a young age is by setting a limit at what weight they can reach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2313476

in this article, Tagliabue claimed he wanted to put a 275 weight limit.  I don't think it will ever happen though.

590279[/snapback]

Actually it was some scientist who made that claim, not Tagliabue. I didn't this he would ever come out with a ludicris statement like that. Tagliabue decline to comment.

"When you get that big -- regardless of whether your body is muscle or fat -- your heart is stressed," Penn State's Yesalis said.

"Is it good for guys to be that big? Of course not," he said. "I fully support a weight limit of 275 pounds. It would reduce injuries and have a positive effect on the short- and long-term health of these men."

Tagliabue wouldn't comment for this article.

Actually it was some scientist who made that claim, not Tagliabue.  I didn't this he would ever come out with a ludicris statement like that.  Tagliabue decline to comment.

"When you get that big -- regardless of whether your body is muscle or fat -- your heart is stressed," Penn State's Yesalis said.

"Is it good for guys to be that big? Of course not," he said. "I fully support a weight limit of 275 pounds. It would reduce injuries and have a positive effect on the short- and long-term health of these men."

Tagliabue wouldn't comment for this article.

591247[/snapback]

yup you're right, sorry

but it wouldn't be a bad idea to set a limit, since players themselves will not.