Dearborn, MI Ford Plant: "Drive a Ford...

We discussed this a while ago. Totally legal. And makes sense too. Go walk into your office with a competitor's product in your hands...see how far it gets you.

585968[/snapback]

In automotive, the unspoken rule for the large number of sales reps and technical support folks that call on a plant is: you drive something that is more or less connected with the company's nation of origin. If you call on Toyota a lot, drive something Japanese. Ford, GM, Chrysler - a domestic make.

But everybody likes to see a Crown Victoria - the poor rep can be stuck paying for up to 5 free lunches! <_<

Is this legal?

I see the rationale, but I also see the right of private employees to spend their own money where they want to.  Interesting either way.

585655[/snapback]

Does the parking lot belong to the factory? If so, they can do whatever they damn well please.

Back when our factory used to make glass Pepsi bottles, woe to the person who showed up with a can of pop in their lunchbox...

Is this legal?

I see the rationale, but I also see the right of private employees to spend their own money where they want to.  Interesting either way.

585655[/snapback]

I get the rationale too, but there's something in this line of thinking that is very revealing in terms of why Ford is in the world of hurt they're in. Shouldn't they be a bit more worried about WHY their own employees don't drive their product, as opposed to focusing on what sort of punative measures they can take against their non-Ford owners? :angry: Seems like a case of misplace priorities or something. But what do I know? Ford - Parking across the street is Job 1.

I get the rationale too, but there's something in this line of thinking that is very revealing in terms of why Ford is in the world of hurt they're in.  Shouldn't they be a bit more worried about WHY their own employees don't drive their product, as opposed to focusing on what sort of punative measures they can take against their non-Ford owners?  :angry:  Seems like a case of misplace priorities or something.  But what do I know?  Ford - Parking across the street is Job 1.

587950[/snapback]

Flawed argument. Who said this was their main priority?

Flawed rebuttal.

I never said it should be their main priority did I?

588146[/snapback]

I think your point is a good one. It is almost always a warning sign when "Company A" spends time and effort telling you what is wrong with the competition rather than why "Company A's" is the best.

Taking up all this empty space in your melon is difficult work.

588426[/snapback]

The last I complained about having alot on my mind to my wife, she said it was no big deal as it is a small space to fill.

See, I do have a sense of humor. Lemmings!