Wealth of talent

HEY, BILLS MUST BE LOADED WITH TALENT. WE HAVE TWO PRO BOWLERS, A PUNTER AND A SNAPPER. HARDLY MAKES US A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER FOR ALL THOSE DREAMERS OUT THERE!.........

O.J. Simpson, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Steve Tasker, Andre Reed, Ruben Brown . . . Mike Schneck.

What do those Buffalo Bills players have in common? As of Thursday, they all were chosen to represent the team at the NFL's Pro Bowl.

Schneck, the long-snapper, was added to the roster Thursday by AFC coach Mike Shanahan as a "need" player. Schneck will join punter Brian Moorman as the Bills' representatives in the league's all-star game on Feb. 12 in Hawaii.

The AFC did not have anyone on its roster of stars capable of handling the long-snapping duties, and Schneck was recognized for his excellence. Schneck, 28, successfully executed 128 snap opportunities this year for the Bills.

HEY, BILLS MUST BE LOADED WITH TALENT. WE HAVE TWO PRO BOWLERS, A PUNTER AND A SNAPPER. HARDLY MAKES US A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER FOR ALL THOSE DREAMERS OUT THERE!.........

585522[/snapback]

Do not speak the truth!

Dont you know its ALL Ralph's fault for being cheap with coaching???

:lol:

Amount of pro bowlers has absolutely nothing to do with the talent level of the team.

585533[/snapback]

So teams with 10 Pro Bowlers would tell you ABSOLUTELY nothing about the team's performance???

Its better then 5-11 and 6 straight years of missing the playoffs I can tell you that much :lol:

So teams with 10 Pro Bowlers would tell you ABSOLUTELY nothing about the team's performance???

Its better then 5-11 and 6 straight years of missing the playoffs I can tell you that much  <_<

585536[/snapback]

No, but on a team that has performed poorly you can still have talented players. Pro bowl is more of a reflection of how your team has performed in a given year. The fact that the team sucked has sucked the past few years doesn't make Eric Moulds a worse receiver, just changes public perception of him.

No, but on a team that has performed poorly you can still have talented players.  Pro bowl is more of a reflection of how your team has performed in a given year.  The fact that the team sucked has sucked the past few years doesn't make Eric Moulds a worse receiver, just changes public perception of him.

585553[/snapback]

Oh that much i agree with you on...Im not saying the Pro Bowl is a TRUE reflection of how good/bad a team is....but if these skill guys the Bills have are "so good" dont you think at least 1 or 2 would have made the roster somehow?

I just think a lot of Bills fans overrate the overall talent of this team, TD is gone now, let the brainwashing he gave us fade away <_<

I would argue that Spikes, Fletcher, Schobel, McGee, Clements and Sam Adams have a Pro Bowl talent level. On offense, McGahee, Moulds and Evans have that level of talent. Players that may reach that level are Peters and Crowell.

So the cupboard is not bare. Obviously, we need lineman on both sides and an upgrade at safety and QB. Winning teams send more players.

I just think a lot of Bills fans overrate the overall talent of this team, TD is gone now, let the brainwashing he gave us fade away  <_<

585568[/snapback]

That being said I think there still is a good core of talent on the team. Unfortunately there are also gaping holes that are making that talent look non-existant. Fix the offensive line and add a player or two to the defensive line and I think you'll start to see some of the cream rising to the top again.