Please Stop

Casey D

Guest BackInDaDay
Ralph Wilson said money was not an obstacle to hiring the best coaches, and we do not know that to be false.

585442[/snapback]

Ralph will tell you that the 'best coaches' are the ones that work for free. <_<

Seriously though, the home games sell out each week, merchandise is moving, and the NFL's golden goose revenue-sharing keeps pumping money into Wilson's bank account. He's got enough bread to build a first-class club. Who knows why he never has. Maybe he just hates Buffalo. :devil:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

without passing judgement on wilson, it seems more than painfully obvious that he's cheap when it comes to paying coaches. are you guys just being wilfully contrarian or are you lacking some basic knowledge about the man's actions in this regard?

585988[/snapback]

I agree that the evidence is growing in favor of Wilson being a bit on the cheap side. Bates is collecting $900K from the Pack for the next two years, so would it be completely outrageous to offer him say $1.5 mil?? I mean, he may have his own reasons outside of cash as to why he doesn't want the job, but I thought i read nationally that he was all about the cash. Maybe i'm wrong though.

But, herein lies the issue with hiring HCs on the cheap. Without knowing DJs exact figures, would anyone be surprised if he is not making $2 mil per year? So, if say Ralph is paying him around $1.5 mil per year, for the sake of argument, then it may be difficult to bring in quality coordinators that are seeking that type of scratch.

Of course this is all speculation, but it would be nice to snag a top notch guy here and there. Especially, now that the fins are assembling such a quality staff. The Pats are still the Pats, so it would seem as if the Bills have a bit of catching up to do.