Gregg Williams' "teachers"

We all got a bunch of yuks about Greggo and his alleged teachers that he assembled on his staff in 2001. And while he laid several turds, like Ronnie Vinklarik, Miles Aldridge, Mike Sheppard, Dan Neal, etc, they really weren't all bad in retrospect. Danny Smith is ST coach of the Redskins. Our new OC Steve Fairchild was the RB coach. Pat Ruel (who came the second year) is the OL coach of USC who just turned down a couple NFL OL jobs. Steve Kragthorpe is the head coach of Tulsa who won WAC coach of the year. Fred Graves is the WR coach of the Lions. Jerry Gray, although now run out of town, had a pretty good run here.

Frankly, I long for Greggo and TD after Marv, Jauron and Fairchild. :doh:

We all got a bunch of yuks about Greggo and his alleged teachers that he assembled on his staff in 2001. And while he laid several turds, like Ronnie Vinklarik, Miles Aldridge, Mike Sheppard, Dan Neal, etc, they really weren't all bad in retrospect. Danny Smith is ST coach of the Redskins. Our new OC Steve Fairchild was the RB coach. Pat Ruel (who came the second year) is the OL coach of USC who just turned down a couple NFL OL jobs. Steve Kragthorpe is the head coach of Tulsa who won WAC coach of the year. Fred Graves is the WR coach of the Lions. Jerry Gray, although now run out of town, had a pretty good run here.

Frankly, I long for Greggo and TD after Marv, Jauron and Fairchild.  :doh:

583775[/snapback]

I think a better description is that the door to the barn was purposely left open and he wander off.

Here's a little research I did on Jauron's coaching tree. These are all of his first year (1999) coaches at Chicago. He brought every one of them to The Bears except Keith Armstrong -who was already their ST Coach. You be the judge...

Jauron HC Article circa 1999

“Dick Jauron was hired as the 12th head coach in team history on Jan. 23, 1999. Jauron, 48, (took) over for Dave Wannstedt, who was fired shortly after guiding the Bears to a 4-12 record for the second straight season. The hiring marks the ninth coaching change since the regular season ended.

Jauron has been in the NFL for 23 seasons as either a player or coach. He spent the last four seasons in Jacksonville as defensive coordinator. Prior to his stint with the Jaguars, Jauron served as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Packers for nine years.

In his nine years with the Packers, Jauron worked under three different head coaches. He joined the organization in 1986 under Forrest Gregg, and was retained when Lindy Infante took over in 1988 and in 1992 when Mike Holmgren was named Green Bay's head coach. The Packers reached the playoffs each of Jauron's last two years, and in his nine seasons in Green Bay, the defense made 168 interceptions in 143 games.

A former NFL defensive back, Jauron began his coaching career in 1985 with the Buffalo Bills under Hank Bullough. The following season he moved to Green Bay to join Gregg's staff, along with Tom Coughlin. Coughlin and Jauron were together on the Packers' coaching staff for the 1986 and '87 seasons.”

Bob Wylie – new O Line Coach, Syracuse

John Shoop – new Raider QB Coach

Rex Norris – Defensive Line Coach, Amsterdam Admirals

Earle Mosley – Running Backs Coach, Kansas

Dale Lindsey – Redskins Linebackers Coach

Gary Crowton – Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach, Oregon

Mike Borich – Left with Crowton for BYU. Last seen leaving Arizona

Jim Bollman - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line, Ohio State

Greg Blanche – Redskins Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Line

Vance Bedford - Defensive Coordinator, Oklahoma State

Keith Armstrong – Miami Dolphins Special Teams Coach

Long for them after what?

I know they aren't the "sexy" picks... But we have to start somewhere and they haven't played a down yet... like it or not, they are our guys and we have to give them the benefit of the doubt for one year at least. Are you prejudiced about other people in your life as well? Also, Marv didn't fire Mularkey, Mularkey quit. And I think MM would have done better under Marv. But apparently the pressure on his family got to be too much. No job is worth that.