My First TBD Offseason

:)

Are we really going to continue posting 'mock draft' threads every single day for two-and-a-half months??? I started floating around here in the summer, so I haven't seen the full-fledged offseason mode on the board. If this is what it's going to be like, I'm not sure if I can take it.

I have no idea who we are going to pick, and truthfully, I won't care until that name is called. There are way too many draftniks not this board and the only thing you all have in common is that you have no idea what the Bills or the other 31 teams in the league have in mind.

I honestly haven't read any of the "My Mock Draft" threads, but there's so many of them, I thought I had to comment. If someone started a "Happy MLK Day" thread last week, most people here would have said, "I didn't know today was Mel Kiper Day!"

Anyways, stop reading my rant and go adjust your big boards. Some OG from Montana State just benched 57 reps in 30 seconds!

Are we really going to continue posting 'mock draft' threads every single day for two-and-a-half months???  I started floating around here in the summer, so I haven't seen the full-fledged offseason mode on the board.  If this is what it's going to be like, I'm not sure if I can take it.

I have no idea who we are going to pick, and truthfully, I won't care until that name is called.  There are way too many draftniks not this board and the only thing you all have in common is that you have no idea what the Bills or the other 31 teams in the league have in mind. 

I honestly haven't read any of the "My Mock Draft" threads, but there's so many of them, I thought I had to comment.  If someone started a "Happy MLK Day" thread last week, most people here would have said, "I didn't know today was Mel Kiper Day!"

Anyways, stop reading my rant and go adjust your big boards.  Some OG from Montana State just benched 57 reps in 30 seconds!

583383[/snapback]

Welcome to the off season. Its normally populated with 3 types of posts.

1. My mock draft version 3.41.85.23

2. The Bills need to sign xxxxxxx as a FA

3. We didnt sign xxxxx, so i hate the bills and we'll go 0-16 next year,

Normally the main board would have plenty of OT topics, but we got the new forum for that. I'd recommend hanging out there. Much more interesting that the main board this time of year.

I'm all for some more:

1. Truly bizarre trade rumors.

2. "Insider" information, from unnamed sources inside OBD.

3. Angry rants from "passionate" fans who feel deeply betrayed and rejected

by the team because they're not picking the right:

a.) head coaches.

b.) players.

c.) assistant coaches.

d.) parking lot attendants.

4. People who say they're "not gonna watch anymore".

I'll get another one started asap!

Look, in two to three years when you ask how team x got a particular player and our beloved bills chose to pass him by, we'll be the ones who know that information. It's simply fun to monitor who is available and what needs we seem to have and how to fix it. I don't think anyone really thinks they know who we will pick. It's just caring through thick and thin.

Do yourself a favor and don't read anything on the board. Much of it(opinion bashing) has gone to crap in the last couple of years anyways with arrogance like this thread you've started.

Hook 'Em

Are we really going to continue posting 'mock draft' threads every single day for two-and-a-half months??? 

583383[/snapback]

Yep, and welcome to your first full offseason of the board. Here are some other items you can look forward to:

- None of Marv's decisions will be correct

- Jauron will be criticized for not being creative before the first game is played

- The outlook for the entire next season will be judged by the Browns scrimmage

- Whomever is selected in the 1st round will be a bad choice. If they trade up they will have reached, if they trade down they will have missed out on the next HOFer

- Someone will organize a group to go to Nick Tahou's to consume garbage plates

I'll get another one started asap!

Look, in two to three years when you ask how team x got a particular player and our beloved bills chose to pass him by, we'll be the ones who know that information. It's simply fun to monitor who is available and what needs we seem to have and how to fix it. I don't think anyone really thinks they know who we will pick. It's just caring through thick and thin.

Do yourself a favor and don't read anything on the board. Much of it(opinion bashing) has gone to crap in the last couple of years anyways with arrogance like this thread you've started.

Hook 'Em

583405[/snapback]

It's cool Piss, I wasn't trying to come off as arrogant. And like I said, I don't read the draft threads. Maybe after the combine, or a week before the draft, I'll look around to see who's who. But right now, we have thread topics that say "My Mock Draft" and the sub-title is "Updated from this morning!!!" I can only imagine there are a few that have the Bills working trades up to get the #3, #5, and #11 picks in the first round, all while signing the three best free agents.

As for three years from now, if the Bills miss badly on a draft pick, I sincerely hope that the website still has the "Ask the GM" feature. I will be first in line to let Marv know that PISSCHUNK had Billy Jones as his 7th best DT and 84th best overall...How could we pass him up???

It's cool Piss, I wasn't trying to come off as arrogant.  And like I said, I don't read the draft threads.  Maybe after the combine, or a week before the draft, I'll look around to see who's who.  But right now, we have thread topics that say "My Mock Draft" and the sub-title is "Updated from this morning!!!"  I can only imagine there are a few that have the Bills working trades up to get the #3, #5, and #11 picks in the first round, all while signing the three best free agents.

As for three years from now, if the Bills miss badly on a draft pick, I sincerely hope that the website still has the "Ask the GM" feature.  I will be first in line to let Marv know that PISSCHUNK had Billy Jones as his 7th best DT and 84th best overall...How could we pass him up???

583413[/snapback]

Look, all I'm saying is fans follow their team(s) at different levels. Those of us who choose to follow the draft and understand how and what happens on those draft days helps to shape and form our team shouldn't be lit up for it. Do as I do....just don't post or reply to topics I (you)don't care about.

I don't get my rocks off knowing I was correct and the team made a fubar two years later. I want this team to win. I just know when we pass on a guy and he turns out to be a baller, it's nice to wonder why. If that knowledge isn't there, then, I suppose we just rip coaching and management till we are about to puke.

Late

Hook 'Em

back before OT subjects were sent away..the off season produced some hilarious threads..oh the good ol days...btw I am still laughing at the phrase..."But then I just went for it and really dominated the men's room."

583460[/snapback]

Glad I could help tater! I will be sure to post any of the day-to-day activities that I sometimes can't believe happen to me. I was here before they moved the OT to it's own area. It's nice to float over to that board when all is lost over here. There's a new one over there today, but it ends with somebody's mom getting crabs. It was pretty funny but I couldn't really get behind it. Moms and crabs just don't do it for me.

:doh:

Are we really going to continue posting 'mock draft' threads every single day for two-and-a-half months???  I started floating around here in the summer, so I haven't seen the full-fledged offseason mode on the board.  If this is what it's going to be like, I'm not sure if I can take it.

I have no idea who we are going to pick, and truthfully, I won't care until that name is called.  There are way too many draftniks not this board and the only thing you all have in common is that you have no idea what the Bills or the other 31 teams in the league have in mind. 

I honestly haven't read any of the "My Mock Draft" threads, but there's so many of them, I thought I had to comment.  If someone started a "Happy MLK Day" thread last week, most people here would have said, "I didn't know today was Mel Kiper Day!"

Anyways, stop reading my rant and go adjust your big boards.  Some OG from Montana State just benched 57 reps in 30 seconds!

583383[/snapback]

I think we'll be taking Archie Manning the 10th, 35 years from now! :)

This is a typical TSW season:

Jan.: Mock draft after mock draft.

Feb.: If we would have (fill in the blank), we could have won the SB.

March: Why did they cut him?. Why did they sign him? Stop the OT posts, Where is all the football talk? Maybe we should have an OT board.

April: Why did they draft him? They should have drafted......

May: YEAH Mini camps.

June:These guys are awesome, book your tickets to the SB.

July: Yeah, Training camp reports.

August: It's only preseason.

Sept.: WOOOO HOOO the season opener.

Oct: 2-2 they can snap out of it.

Nov. If they run the table they can make a wild card.

Dec.: Well at least the dolphins didn't make the playoffs.

Jan: see top of page.