Jauron and the QB Position

Realist

I was reading Sullivans article...why, I have no idea...and it got me thinking about DJ's feeling regarding the starting QB. I have a feeling that after DJ and the new staff study the films of last year QB debacle, that he will decide on Holcomb penciled in as the starter at the beginning of mini-camps and training camp.

This team is going to have to go into the camps with a win now attitude and technically KH was better than JP. Although only marginally, I would think a ten year vet should have been much better than an eratic first year starter, but I'll save that for another time.

Last year is only part of that decision, the other part is DJ is going to want to see how JP reacts to being number two and what kind of competitive fire he has in him. In other words, DJ will want to see if JP can earn the job rather than just having it handed over to him. If he shows that kind of fire and earns the job that would go a long way in earning back the respect he may have lost from the veterans last year.

I do believe that there will be another veteran QB in here also, that he must compete with. Its not going to be an easy training camp for JP and if he can get through that and is named the starter by September, it will go a long way in his development.

I didn't read the article, but I'd say KH is a safe bet. It seems to me that he can throw downfield, but he prefers the short high percentage passes. Jauron seems to favor a conservative offensive philosophy, so I think KH's strengths play to that more than JP's.

Although JP does have a pretty mean stutter-step deke when he's dribbling the football...

This team is going to have to go into the camps with a win now attitude and technically KH was better than JP.  Although only marginally, I would think a ten year vet should have been much better than an eratic first year starter, but I'll save that for another time. 

Last year is only part of that decision, the other part is DJ is going to want to see how JP reacts to being number two and what kind of competitive fire he has in him.  In other words, DJ will want to see if JP can earn the job rather than just having it handed over to him.  If he shows that kind of fire and earns the job that would go a long way in earning back the respect he may have lost from the veterans last year.

581661[/snapback]

That is a lot of conclusions about DJ's style. What makes you say all these things ? He was never instrumental in any solid QB direction at Chicago.