Let's move on: next issue to address

Tolstoy

It seems to me that whether we hire a retread OC and DC or some fresh young blood (or, in the case of Jerry Gray, keep the old), what we need is:

on offense:

(1) someone willing to work with JP and help him improve, but also to know when to pull the plug if need be

(2)a guy committed to a solid running game, with a good O-line, and a history of some innovation in the passing game

on defense:

(1) a guy with a solid track record of producing top caliber defenses--period. By the way, I think we ought to give Gray another shot, provided we give the guy what he needs--another Pat Williams in the middle!

Thoughts? Am I asking for too much?

Offense:

-Dump Moulds.

-Talk Marv & Modrak into bringing in some solid OL via FA.

-True open battles (not just lip service) at all positions, but more especially for the QB. Make JP earn it.

-Someone to light a fire under McGahee's arse. He has too much talent to play as poorly as he did through much of last season, OL be damned. He was too Antowain Smith-esque.

-Run the ball.

Defense:

-Dump Adams.

-Dump Gray.

-Dump Vincent.

-Dump Posey.

-Dump Clements.

-Bring in a couple of mean and nasty DTs to plug the middle.

-Stop the run.

Special Teams:

-If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think I'm the one who's asking too much.

It seems to me that whether we hire a retread OC and DC or some fresh young blood (or, in the case of Jerry Gray, keep the old), what we need is:

on offense:

(1) someone willing to work with JP and help him improve, but also to know when to pull the plug if need be

(2)a guy committed to a solid running game, with a good O-line, and a history of some innovation in the passing game

on defense:

(1) a guy with a solid track record of producing top caliber defenses--period.  By the way, I think we ought to give Gray another shot, provided we give the guy what he needs--another Pat Williams in the middle!

Thoughts?  Am I asking for too much?

581251[/snapback]

I could care less about JP Losman. If he gives us our best chance to win great, if not oh well, and I'm not losing sleep over it. You play when you're ready to, if the coaching staff doesnt think he is, well thats the call.

I want a coordinator with a run based philosophy, but realizes you have to adjust to your opponents defense in order to be succesful. Maintin a balance, but while leaning on the run game as our idenity.

On Defense I want a coordinator like my offensive coordinator who dictates his schemes to how the opponent is playing. None of this "system coaches" Just good coordinators who can adjust.

I'd like Jim Bates or Jim haslett for a defensive coordinator, for oc I really have no idea.

I could care less about JP Losman. If he gives us our best chance to win great, if not oh well, and I'm not losing sleep over it.  You play when you're ready to, if the coaching staff doesnt think he is, well thats the call.

I want a coordinator with a run based philosophy, but realizes you have to adjust to your opponents defense in order to be succesful. Maintin a balance, but while leaning on the run game as our idenity.

On Defense I want a coordinator  like my offensive coordinator who dictates his schemes to how the opponent is playing. None of this "system coaches"  Just good coordinators who can adjust.

I'd like Jim Bates or Jim haslett for a defensive coordinator,  for oc I really have no idea.

581270[/snapback]

Bates or Haslett sounds good to me. No Gray for you? Even though he had one bad season? Couldn't it be lack of run-stopping talent that killed him?

I want the new OC to look like my avatar....that'll get the ticket sales going. after all, that's what's important around here....right?

581366[/snapback]

i just think our cheerleaders should look like your avatar first, thats not asking too much is it?

Bates or Haslett sounds good to me.  No Gray for you?  Even though he had one bad season?  Couldn't it be lack of run-stopping talent that killed him?

581278[/snapback]

No....it was his inability to adjust after the halftime that has been his nightmare.