great hire

Dr.Fish

i enjoyed reading your 1st post. In 2000 I started as a lurker to TBD - SW. Then I finally grabbed a nickname and joined the fray in 02. I only post and read a lot of other posts during the offseason....my reason? I use it to bridge the gap. I hate going w/o Bills football. So I come here for Bills related talk and opinions.

But it's funny.....a few days ago a somewhat regular poster jumped all over a new poster and had the audacity to say he was "just shedding some knowledge on the newbie". The guy's 1st post was an opinion. Just goes to show anyone: wtf do any of us really know.....all we know are our opionions and the opinions of others. Predictions can be made right or wrong, not Opinions.

I was hoping for Mike Sherman to get the nod. But I have been holding back any pre-judging on Dick Jouron. He is now the coach of my favorite team. I love having the right to second guess and also the right to take my time in formulating an opinion of this hire.

All I know is that Marv got a second chance when he was hired in 86. Look how that turned out for him/Bills fans.

Sorry for the ramble....Welcome to the home of the Bickering Bills Fans :devil:

I was initially shocked and disheartened by the hiring of DJ, when leaked yesterday.  Sherman seemed perfect.

Now, with a bit of time and forum lurking, I've had a change of heart.  Not only is this a great hire, but it bodes well for the future of the franchise.  My support of this argument is simple - we all hate it.

Donahoe listened to everything we said for 5 years, and we ate it up... and NONE of it worked.  We're not good football people.  Tom Donahoe is not a good football person (a great salesman though).  Marv Levy is a good football person.

Think for a second about the history of TD, and everything we hate about it.  We complained about JP?  Benched.  We complained about Williams?  Fired.  We wanted Takeo Spikes?  Ours.  Jim Mcnally will solve our O-line problems?  Signed.  We wanted Bledsoe, and clamored more after day 1?  Traded for on day 2, parade on day 3. The fans and the Buffalo News owned this team, and it has taken them nowhere.

Marv made a decision entirely independent of what fans would think of it, what the media would write about it, and what impact it would have on ticket sales.  Do not feed me this garbage that a man as intelligent as Marv Levy hired a man to coach his football team because he watched him as an announcer.  Who are you kidding.  He made a decision he thought was for the best of the franchise, and would eventually win football games.

How long has it been since any of us could say that about a decision made by the Bills?

I, for one, welcome our new ant overlords.

581156[/snapback]

Welcome to the board Coach Juaron! :devil: Seriously nice thought out post. Keep them coming.

I was initially shocked and disheartened by the hiring of DJ, when leaked yesterday.  Sherman seemed perfect.

Now, with a bit of time and forum lurking, I've had a change of heart.  Not only is this a great hire, but it bodes well for the future of the franchise.  My support of this argument is simple - we all hate it.

Donahoe listened to everything we said for 5 years, and we ate it up... and NONE of it worked.  We're not good football people.  Tom Donahoe is not a good football person (a great salesman though).  Marv Levy is a good football person.

Think for a second about the history of TD, and everything we hate about it.  We complained about JP?  Benched.  We complained about Williams?  Fired.  We wanted Takeo Spikes?  Ours.  Jim Mcnally will solve our O-line problems?  Signed.  We wanted Bledsoe, and clamored more after day 1?  Traded for on day 2, parade on day 3. The fans and the Buffalo News owned this team, and it has taken them nowhere.

Marv made a decision entirely independent of what fans would think of it, what the media would write about it, and what impact it would have on ticket sales.  Do not feed me this garbage that a man as intelligent as Marv Levy hired a man to coach his football team because he watched him as an announcer.  Who are you kidding.  He made a decision he thought was for the best of the franchise, and would eventually win football games.

How long has it been since any of us could say that about a decision made by the Bills?

581156[/snapback]

Shut your blithering gob you twit! Your kind really make me sick!

Sorry. Abuse here. You looking for Arguments? They're next door.

Git!

Only one thing's wrong with your doll house reconstruction. TD didn't listen to the fans and make his business decisions based on their input. You give the fans too much credit and TD not enough of the blame. He didn't conduct fan polls before he hired GW and MM or TM. I missed the Posey memo if there was one. He ignored me completely when he traded up to draft Ryan Denny.

If he was so swayed by the wishes of the fans then he would have paid some kind of attention to the offensive line before he was run out of town on a rail. In fact, there wasn't a single personnel decision he made that the fans were consulted on - including Bledsoe.

This business is not run like a democracy. Don't let anybody fool you into thinking that it's the fans' fault that TD's tenure here was an abject failure. He didn't ask us for advice - just our money. And, he sometimes spent it foolishly.

Oh yeah, welcome to The Wall.

581156[/snapback]

Great first post

Now answer this Flutie or RJ :D