We got a HEAD coach....now what?

VIPP

I think i'm about done with experimental hires for a while. I know the Bills don't have a plethora of options and many other head coaches have yet to fill their vacancies, but I hope to hell they push hard for Bates as DC.

I think he is by far the most desirable DC candidate out there right now, aside from a diamond in the rough that i have no clue about.

As for OC, that's a bit tougher. I guess Caldwell would be an intriguing choice. Also, Heimerdinger apparently wants out of NY, so that might be worth it to check out.

I think i'm about done with experimental hires for a while.  I know the Bills don't have a plethora of options and many other head coaches have yet to fill their vacancies, but I hope to hell they push hard for Bates as DC.

I think he is by far the most desirable DC candidate out there right now, aside from a diamond in the rough that i have no clue about.

As for OC, that's a bit tougher.  I guess Caldwell would be an intriguing choice.  Also, Heimerdinger apparently wants out of NY, so that might be worth it to check out.

581029[/snapback]

'cept that heimerdinger's best buds with denver's coach - who just happens to need an OC.

DC - Cottrell, Capers, Bates (May want to re-establish himself quickly, Buffalo D with decent blocks could do it).

OC - Wyche, Caldwell, Pendry?

I didn't think Pendry was that bad.  He ran the ball.  Well.

581004[/snapback]

Pendry was that bad. He's absolutely horrible. Did you see what he did to the Texans line?!? :devil:

Please, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone think Lofton has a chance?  I thought it was peculiar that he got Head Coach interviews as a WR coach, but no talk of him as an OC.  Do you think he might get a shot with Marv as GM?

581006[/snapback]

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. The interview was obviously him bailing out the Bills on the minority hiring thing, and the Bills helping to raise his coaching profile. But I keep thinking of him as the OC.