What I didn't like from the press conference.

firstngoal

I'm willing to give him a chance but he's got to lose that phrase:

"its tough to win in this league"

He said it 2 or 3 times and once in his Serius Radio interview.

With an attitude or statement like that he's setting himself up for failure before the team even steps on the field!

;)

Here's what I think. If you took Jauron's press conference transcript and gave it to a thousand of the country's leading psychologists for analysis, I bet you 90% of them would conclude the same thing. He's going to fail. He just reeks of loserdom. No confidence in himself.

Here's what I think.  If you took Jauron's press conference transcript and gave it to a thousand of the country's leading psychologists for analysis, I bet you 90% of them would conclude the same thing.  He's going to fail.  He just reeks of loserdom.  No confidence in himself.

580762[/snapback]

Now, i take it a differant way. Hes been a coach already, and he knows EVERY game is tough to win, there are no gimmies, and no shortcuts. I listen to some of these other rookie coaches and they talk all coach speak about discipline, passion, etc, and while they are certainly neccasary ingrediants, he knows from experience it takes those and a lot of other things to win.

I'm willing to give him a chance but he's got to lose that phrase:

"its tough to win in this league"

He said it 2 or 3 times and once in his Serius Radio interview.

With an attitude or statement like that he's setting himself up for failure before the team even steps on the field!

;)

580758[/snapback]

I agree! He should have said something like, "This league is a cakewalk. Your last coach...Mulvaney?...Mc Sweaty?....anyway he really sucked, no? C'mon, any chump with a clipboard should go at least 8-8."

For Christ's sake...wait til he actually does something before finding fault. ;)

Here's what I think.  If you took Jauron's press conference transcript and gave it to a thousand of the country's leading psychologists for analysis, I bet you 90% of them would conclude the same thing.  He's going to fail.  He just reeks of loserdom.  No confidence in himself.

580762[/snapback]

90% of them could also write their thesis on the posters at TBD.

....."its tough to win in this league"..... ;)

580758[/snapback]

People of his generation call it 'under' promise and 'over' deliver. Get expectations set low enough that the costumer will be pleased with what you finally deliver.

580762[/snapback]

I dunno, Oz...I think Jauron probably has a lot of self-confidence. You have to, to survive in the league for as long as he has. I think he understands that it doesn't matter WHAT he says at this point, so his best bet is to be very vanilla. If he boasts about returning the Bills to greatness, he's setting himself up for ridicule after the first two-game losing streak. He took the safe road -- he's going to work hard, it's tough to win in this league, yada, yada, yada.

I have no idea if this will be a good move for the Bills, but I think we'll soon see that Jauron is a bit of a different character. It could be that he just needs to be working with another "cerebral" guy like Levy to let his true abilities show.

And I don't know how many times it has already been said, but it needs to be said umpteen million more -- HIRE COMPETENT COORDINATORS, particularly on offense.

From what I'm getting from Bears fans, the Jauron hiring seems almost irrelevant in many ways. He's a younger clone of Marv Levy with Marv's "attack dog snarling at the side judge" gene removed. What I mean is, Jauron is a delegator and he leaves the game almost entirely in the hands of his coordinators.

Pray that the Bills find good coordinators! ;)

(OK, it's not "irrelevant" -- but the quality of the coordinators is paramount for this style of head coaching to work. And, for what it's worth, his offensive coordinators in Chicago are regarded by Bears fans as poor to clueless.)