Another Bears fans take on Jauron

What he said:

Well, most people here would say he's a bad coach. Most would say the 13-3 team in 2001 won in spite of him and not because of him. Here's some examples: He's not the first coach in history to be a bad evaluator of talent, but there were plenty of instances where he and his staff just couldn't put players in the best position for success...namely, assigning Brian Urlacher to OLB where he struggled before eventually realizing his lateral pursuit strength made him an ideal middle line backer. Ol Dick was loyal to his coaches, definitely to a fault in his sticking with Offensive idiot Coordinator John Shoop, who came with no experience other than as QB coach...and whose playcalling was so woeful, the calls for his head came early and often....and Jauron wouldn't budge.

Let's se, where else can I criticise...Well, let's put it still another way...He was the D coach for D-town, and interim coach, which gave him the inside track for that job, in addition to Millen knowing him from the Chicago days in the division...and where's he now? AFC. Buffalo. Even Millen wouldn't take a chance.

No...Jauron's a phony...I'd be bitter up there if I were ya'll too...

What happened to the last guy? he wasn't there very long at all...

Not my words...all his.

PTR

What he said:

Let's se, where else can I criticise...Well, let's put it still another way...He was the D coach for D-town, and interim coach, which gave him the inside track for that job, in addition to Millen knowing him from the Chicago days in the division...

580563[/snapback]

This is the one thing I have to really criticize about this quote. How often does an interim HC actually get the job at the end of the season? I can't think of one recently. Maybe the guy from Washington several years back, but I don't really recall and frankly, I'm too lazy to go look it up. ;)

This is the one thing I have to really criticize about this quote.  How often does an interim HC actually get the job at the end of the season?  I can't think of one recently.  Maybe the guy from Washington several years back, but I don't really recall and frankly, I'm too lazy to go look it up.  ;)

580591[/snapback]

You're right, its not often that the interim coach gets the job, but the real point is the fact that he wasnt even given any consideration for the job!

What he said:

Well, most people here would say he's a bad coach.  Most would say the 13-3 team in 2001 won in spite of him and not because of him.  Here's some examples:  He's not the first coach in history to be a bad evaluator of talent, but there were plenty of instances where he and his staff just couldn't put players in the best position for success...namely, assigning Brian Urlacher to OLB where he struggled before eventually realizing his lateral pursuit strength made him an ideal middle line backer.  Ol Dick was loyal to his coaches, definitely to a fault in his sticking with Offensive idiot Coordinator John Shoop, who came with no experience other than as QB coach...and whose playcalling was so woeful, the calls for his head came early and often....and Jauron wouldn't budge.

Let's se, where else can I criticise...Well, let's put it still another way...He was the D coach for D-town, and interim coach, which gave him the inside track for that job, in addition to Millen knowing him from the Chicago days in the division...and where's he now?  AFC.  Buffalo.  Even Millen wouldn't take a chance.

No...Jauron's a phony...I'd be bitter up there if I were ya'll too...

What happened to the last guy?  he wasn't there very long at all...

Not my words...all his.

PTR

580563[/snapback]

Its interesting that Urlacher has gone on record saying great things about Jauron's work as an HC.

Os this analysis true and Urlacher is just stupid? Or did Urlacher like the fact that Jauron used him improperly early in his career. Is there some great machiavellian conspiracy where Urlacher is singing the praised of Jauron to dupe an opponent like the Bills into making him HC?

What's the explanation.