See Dick lose, see Dick lose again and again

wil1226

Well, if history repeats itself, we are officially in trouble.

578902[/snapback]

If history repeats itself and Jauron follows the Levy good enough results to get fired in KC before coming to Buffalo and the Bill Belicheck model of being good enough in Cleveland to get canned before taking over NE, then things will be fine.

I also am not horribly impressed by Jauron and his getting NFL Coach of the Year honors due to his HCing the Bears to a 13-3 record in 2001. However, the thing which makes me feel this may be a good choice is that I think the vast majority of HCs are like Marv and BB that they win with good players and lose with bad players.

There a a few who like Parcells can win virtually anywhere or a few like Joe Gibbs who can win it all with veru different styles of teams (the plowing Hogs or the pass-happy Smurfs teams). However, most of the "special" are actually those like a Rich Kotite who can lose anywhere.

I'm glad Sherman is not here because his former GM chops and actually some success at it with Brett Favre likely would have led to a repeat of the dissension under TD here as Sherman, marv. a more active Ralph and probably Modrak as well would have dueled with each other instead of building one TEAM.

I think folks are too tuned into looking for a savior or some silver bullet.

If Marv still has the skillset and the personality to coordinate disparate talents coming together as he did with the "Bickering Bills" we should be fine and Jaron merely needs to be adequate which he can be thought I really doubt he can be great or much beyond adequate.

If history repeats itself and Jauron follows the Levy good enough results to get fired in KC before coming to Buffalo and the Bill Belicheck model of being good enough in Cleveland to get canned before taking over NE, then things will be fine.

I also am not horribly impressed by Jauron and his getting NFL Coach of the Year honors due to his HCing the Bears to a 13-3 record in 2001. However, the thing which makes me feel this may be a good choice is that I think the vast majority of HCs are like Marv and BB that they win with good players and lose with bad players.

There a a few who like Parcells can win virtually anywhere or a few like Joe Gibbs who can win it all with veru different styles of teams (the plowing Hogs or the pass-happy Smurfs teams).  However, most of the "special" are actually those like a Rich Kotite who can lose anywhere.

I'm glad Sherman is not here because his former GM chops and actually some success at it with Brett Favre likely would have led to a repeat of the dissension under TD here as Sherman, marv. a more active Ralph and probably Modrak as well would have dueled with each other instead of building one TEAM.

I think folks are too tuned into looking for a savior or some silver bullet. 

If Marv still has the skillset and the personality to coordinate disparate talents coming together as he did with the "Bickering Bills" we should be fine and Jaron merely needs to be adequate which he can be thought I really doubt he can be great or much beyond adequate.

579130[/snapback]

Good post FFS, especially the part about the power struggle. What we know is Ralph will always have the final say, especially now when he asserted a more active role. Then you have Levy who was brought in as the PR front man. We know he isn't the main guy behind player development (Tom Modrak) but we also know that being Ralph’s direct consultant makes him a pretty powerful figure. Modrak also has to have some pretty heavy power being the most experienced talent evaluator of the group.

When you throw in a guy like Sherman things just wouldn't work. He was the dictator of Green Bay, serving a dual role as both GM and head coach. That's power, but in Buffalo would he be? 4th in line behind Ralph, Levy, and Modrak. It's hardly an ideal situation for him, but even if he did want it things would be really crowded on our end.

Ultimately Dick Jauron doesn't excite the hell out of me, but I'll give him a couple years just like I did with the last few. I’m depressed about my team just like everybody else, but coaches are like QB's, some just take time. I would hate to ride a late bloomer out of town before he even gets here.