Best case scenario

merlin

Best of both worlds .... Sherman as HC, and Jauron as Assistant HC/DC ! Then if Sam Wyche can fill the role of OC, we got something!

If Jauron doesn't want to be assistant HC/DC, hopefully Sherman could bring Jim Bates with him.

Lofton can become the WR coach here (since Tolbert was let go). He can help Evans and Parrish, and keep Moulds in line.

GO BILLS!

Best of both worlds .... Sherman as HC, and Jauron as Assistant HC/DC !  Then if Sam Wyche can fill the role of OC, we got something!

If Jauron doesn't want to be assistant HC/DC, hopefully Sherman could bring Jim Bates with him.

Lofton can become the WR coach here (since Tolbert was let go).  He can help Evans and Parrish, and keep Moulds in line.

GO BILLS!

574072[/snapback]

I don't believe that Tolbert was let go, but I could be wrong.

Best of both worlds .... Sherman as HC, and Jauron as Assistant HC/DC !  Then if Sam Wyche can fill the role of OC, we got something!

Lofton can become the WR coach here (since Tolbert was let go).  He can help Evans and Parrish, and keep Moulds in line.

GO BILLS!

574072[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing : Sherman HC , Jauron DC

Sounds like a plan.

Hey Ralphie - listen up...

GO BILLS!

574072[/snapback]

Hmmm...let me see..."Hey Dick, you weren't our first choice for head coach...we think Mike is a better fit for that position...but why not sign on as our defensive coordinator?". C'mon guys! Stop playing fantasy owner/GM! If you were interviewing for a position and it came down to you and someone else, would you take a position underneath the one you interviewed for???????? I thought not.

Hmmm...let me see..."Hey Dick, you weren't our first choice for head coach...we think Mike is a better fit for that position...but why not sign on as our defensive coordinator?".  C'mon guys!  Stop playing fantasy owner/GM!  If you were interviewing for a position and it came down to you and someone else, would you take a position underneath the one you interviewed for????????  I thought not.

574139[/snapback]

I don't think it's TOTAL fantasy ... I've not heard that Jauron has been interviewed for HC anywhere else, and the windows of opportunity for ANY job at that level are closing fast. The likelihood is, if he wants a job at all next season, it will be as someone's DC. So why not in Buffalo, if it's offered ... esp. if he gets the added (admittedly non-functional) title of "assistant head coach" which suddenly seems to be in vogue for ex-HC's who are willing to take that sort of "demotion"? If the money is right, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't consider it.

GO BILLS!

We could bring in Jim Fassell as QB coach and find three of four ex-head coaches to work as other positional coaches.

Please, one head coach and let him create his own staff. I hope, whomever it is, we keep April as ST coach because that isn't broke.