Bills Secondary

I think people are being a little harsh on Buffalo's secondary.

They got picked on a LOT. Mostly because we had ZERO pass rush most of the time. With no rush, a QB has all day to pick his spots.

And with the way we couldn't stop the run, we had to send Lawyer and/or other DB's to rush the QB and stop the RB constantly. I don't think all these "get rid of these bum's" comments are fair.

I can think of a lot of plays where Troy Vincent was all over the place. I think (keyword THINK) he may have even led the team in picks this year as well. Lawyer Milloy was a dominant force in 2003 and 2004 (save when he broke his wrist).

The loss of Takeo Spikes and Pat Williams devestated this defense. It brought us from first to worst figuratively speaking. Combine all these factors with TERRIBLE coaching and you're going to have problems. Not to mention the fact that our D was almost always on the field because our offense couldn't get it going most of the time. You'd be surprised how good a "D" can be when the offense is rolling.

I'm confident going into next season with Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent at the Safety positions. I feel that once we put Takeo back into the mix, pick up 1-2 big DT's via FA and the Draft, and get some solid coaches in here; things will pick up again and our DB's will have the chance to be dominant again.

I agree that the pass rush sucked and should share lots of the blame.

I'm not sure what happened to Clements towards the end of the year, but he's a better player than what he showed.

Vincent I think can be ok even though he's a step slow, he did make plays once in a while.

The biggest letdown for me regarding the secondary was Milloy's inability to tackle anyone - I don't think we'd be losing much with Baker in there.

I agree that the pass rush sucked and should share lots of the blame. 

I'm not sure what happened to Clements towards the end of the year, but he's a better player than what he showed. 

Vincent I think can be ok even though he's a step slow, he did make plays once in a while. 

The biggest letdown for me regarding the secondary was Milloy's inability to tackle anyone - I don't think we'd be losing much with Baker in there.

574076[/snapback]

The biggest problem is that Baker is more of a FS than he is a SS. I could see him replacing Vincent, but not Milloy.