Would You Accept Dick Jauron As Bills HC?

Would You Accept Dick Jauron As Bills HC?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Accept Dick Jauron As Bills HC?

• Yes, I'd be happy he was selected
    • No, I dont think he is qualified
    • I dont know enough about him

I voted no on your poll. Sure, I'd be rooting for the Bills to succeed, and for DJ to surprise me with competence, but I'd begin with faint hope. I rolled my eyes in amazement when Jauron landed his first HC gig back in 1999. There was a giant, leaguewide, "duuuuh?!" after the announcement.

There was nothing remarkable about the 95 - 98 Jaguars defense to warrant DJ getting a job offer. Except for Chicago, there were no reports of other teams even bringing Jauron in for an interview. But heck, that was probably true for at least 3 of the 5 guys Chicago brought in that January to interview (Sherm Lewis, Joe Pendry, Dave McGinnis, Dick Jauron, Gunther Cunngingham). McCaskey was strictly considering second-teir guys.

And Jauron still lost to McGinnis. There was that big hullaballoo when McGinness got steamed that they would announce him as head coach before contract terms were agreed upon. He walked away and Jauron was their second choice.

I am hoping for April or Sherman.

I voted no on your poll. Sure, I'd be rooting for the Bills to succeed, and for DJ to surprise me with competence, but I'd begin with faint hope. I rolled my eyes in amazement when Jauron landed his first HC gig back in 1999. There was a giant, leaguewide, "duuuuh?!" after the announcement. 

There was nothing remarkable about the 95 - 98 Jaguars defense to warrant DJ getting a job offer. Except for Chicago, there were no reports of other teams even bringing Jauron in for an interview. But heck, that was probably true for at least 3 of the 5 guys Chicago brought in that January to interview (Sherm Lewis, Joe Pendry, Dave McGinnis, Dick Jauron, Gunther Cunngingham). McCaskey was strictly considering second-teir guys.

And Jauron still lost to McGinnis. There was that big hullaballoo when McGinness got steamed that they would announce him as head coach before contract terms were agreed upon. He walked away and Jauron was their second choice.

I am hoping for April or Sherman.

574181[/snapback]

i forgot about that whole debacle in chicago! thanks.