Need for a safety

Stussy109

Was anyone else impressed during the rose bowl by Darnell Bing? I don't watch much of college football, however i did catch the whole USC Texas game. I came away impressed with both him, Vince Young, and Reggies back up.

Our safeties are both 30+, we have Rashad Baker who is average with potential, Wire who has shown he's a run support guy, not a coverage guy. I think we need a Saftey. Not sure if there are any other later round gems since Bing will most likely be nabbed by our 2nd rd pick.

Was anyone else impressed during the rose bowl by Darnell Bing?  I don't watch much of college football, however i did catch the whole USC Texas game.  I came away impressed with both him, Vince Young, and Reggies back up. 

Our safeties are both 30+, we have Rashad Baker who is average with potential, Wire who has shown he's a run support guy, not a coverage guy.  I think we need a Saftey.  Not sure if there are any other later round gems since Bing will most likely be nabbed by our 2nd rd pick.

572663[/snapback]

OSU junior Dante Whitner, SS, 5-11, 205 lb., declared for the draft a day or so ago. He's one worth a good look.

The safety position has gained importance in recent years, and I agree, BUF needs to take some action.

For whatever reason, with the recent exception of guys like Roy Williams and Sean Taylor, the top Safeties usually do not go high in the draft. Since it isn't such a premium position, we can probably find a quality player at that position -- maybe even one that can start right away -- in the 2nd or even 3rd round.

Was anyone else impressed during the rose bowl by Darnell Bing?  I don't watch much of college football, however i did catch the whole USC Texas game.  I came away impressed with both him, Vince Young, and Reggies back up. 

Our safeties are both 30+, we have Rashad Baker who is average with potential, Wire who has shown he's a run support guy, not a coverage guy.  I think we need a Saftey.  Not sure if there are any other later round gems since Bing will most likely be nabbed by our 2nd rd pick.

572663[/snapback]

I agree yet i would really really want them again this year to draft a solid TE. I know kevin everett but who knows if he's the real deal or if he can come back from the injury...and now with all the 2 TE formations you really need them...i think it's a position which is of more important need next to OL which we hopefuly can get in FA

I agree yet i would really really want them again this year to draft a solid TE. I know kevin everett but who knows if he's the real deal or if he can come back from the injury...and now with all the 2 TE formations you really need them...i think it's a position which is of more important need next to OL which we hopefuly can get in FA

572753[/snapback]

Once we get the OT and DT under control tight end looks good to me too. Leonard Pope of Georgia looks like an early second rounder, but it will be a tough decision because our top DT's will also be there. Much as I like Pope, I think we have to take care of business, as Elvis used to say. I feel your pain, as I agree a quality tight end could improve our offense tremendously and right away.

572663[/snapback]

yes yes yes. Milloy and Wire should be moved. I love Darnell Bing...I also wouldn't mind a shot at Mike Huff later in the 1st round...

For whatever reason, with the recent exception of guys like Roy Williams and Sean Taylor, the top Safeties usually do not go high in the draft. Since it isn't such a premium position, we can probably find a quality player at that position -- maybe even one that can start right away -- in the 2nd or even 3rd round.

572742[/snapback]

Add Polamalu to your list...He was a 1st round draft pick....